Next Steps for January Term Registration
Now that you are admitted to NYU January Term, there are a few remaining steps that you must complete to finish your registration and prepare for the first day of classes. Please read carefully through the information below.
Access NYU Home and Albert
NYUHome is the Universityís on-line portal for faculty, staff and students. From NYUHome you can check your NYU e-mail account, apply for housing, and access Albert. Albert is the universityís on-line student information system. Albert will allow you to register for classes, pay your bill, find your classroom, access your grades.
Activate your Net ID
Your NetID is your login and username for your NYU email account and your email address will appear as "YourNetId"@nyu.edu, e.g. firstname.lastname@example.org. To activate your NetID:
1. Go to http://start.nyu.edu
2. Type in your NetID. (This can be found on the upper left corner of your registration letter.)
3. Click 'Start!' and set a password. Your password should be at least 8 characters long and consist of letters, numbers, and special characters, e.g. newyork?1 Now that you have your NetID and set your password you can login to NYUHome.
Log into NYUHome
NYUHome is the web interface for the University's email service and other online tools.
1. Go to http://home.nyu.edu
2. Type your NetID and your password (See Activate your Net ID). Click "GO". (If you donít remember your password, return to http://start.nyu.edu, enter your NetID at the bottom of the page, and follow the instructions to reset your password.)
3. You should now be at the Welcome screen for NYUHome. Visit the various tabs to familiarize yourself with the layout and information available.
Log into Albert
Albert displays your schedule, classroom location, and final grades.
1. From the NYUHome (http://home.nyu.edu) Welcome screen, click on the tab labeled 'Academics.' You must always log into NYUHome in order to access Albert.
2. On the upper left side of the Academics page, click the box labeled 'Albert Login.' You will now be at the Albert Welcome screen.
Enroll in Classes
**Students are allowed to take a maximum of 4 units/credits during January Term.
1. Click on 'Student Center' from the Albert Welcome screen.
2. Click on the 'Enroll' link on the left hand side of the page.
3. Select classes to enter into your shopping cart. Either enter the Class # into the box or click on 'Search' to find the class you are interested in taking.
4. Once the course you have selected are in your shopping cart. Confirm class by clicking 'Finish Enrolling.'
If you are blocked from registering for a course due to prerequisites, please consult your advisor email for further instructions or email University Programs at email@example.com.
Review your Schedule
In the Student Center select 'My Class Schedule' to find out location, dates and times for the courses you selected.
Pay your Bill
Within 2 business days of registering for classes you will receive an electronic bill via your NYU e-mail account. Determine tuition costs for your course(s) by checking the notes section of the course search. Methods of payment are outlined on the Office of the Bursar website. Click here for additional information about paying your bill.
If you have questions about activating your NetID or NYUHome service, call 212-998-3333, visit the NYU Information Technology Services Client Services Center, 10 Astor Place, 4th Floor, or visit an ITS computer lab. If you have any questions about Albert, call 212-998-4290.