I'm having trouble logging in using Fugu...what can I do?
I've logged into i4 with SSH, but I can't seem to connect using Fugu. What can I do?
The IP address of i4 has recently changed. Therefore, if you previously used Fugu to connect to i4, you will need to clear any saved i4 host keys out of your preferences. To do this:
- Launch Fugu.
- From the "Fugu" menu, select the option for "Preferences".
- Click the icon/option for "Known Hosts".
- Highlight all instances of i4.nyu.edu.
- Click the "Delete" button. Then, click the "Save" button.
- Close that window and quit out of Fugu.
- Relaunch the application and try logging in again. You'll probably receive a warning that says:
The authenticity of host 'i4.nyu.edu (18.104.22.168)' can't be established. Unable to get host key. Something is odd. Are you sure you want to continue connecting?
Click the "Continue" button.
- Type in your NetID password and hit the
If this process does not work, try using the hostname devwww.nyu.edu instead of i4.nyu.edu.