Thursdays, 1-5 PM, room 641, Fall 2006
MIAP Internship Seminar: Film and Video Basic Training H72.2910
Sept 7 Introduction to Entire Class
- Introductions with focus on each individualís experience of and relationship to Audio Visual media; post MIAP goals and interests
- What specific skills and experience does each student hope to gain from this class?
- Group question session to get sense of group and individual knowledge.
- Class syllabus, schedule and assignments
- What is this class about: Discussion and Terminology
- Why is conservation and preservation of moving image materials important?
- What are the issues involved in making visual materials persist over time? How do we decide which materials should persist over
- What are the various roles or tasks archivists are responsible for?
- How does knowledge of the structures and characteristics of media impact each role or task?
- What are media formats? How are they defined and how do they develope?
- Go over the toolkit of the person handling Audio, Film and Video materials on a regular basis.
- Introduction to first class project
- Visit to Bobst Film and Video Preservation Labs