Tuesdays, 6-10 PM, room 651, Fall 2005
Besser & Ann Harris
Introduction to Moving Image
& Preservation H72.1800
Assignments due before class:
- Orphans Assignment due
- AMIA Preservation Committee, Video
Preservation Fact Sheets, 2003.
- Wheeler, Jim. Video
Preservation Handbook, 2002.
- Norris, Debbie Hess,
Priorities for Preservation" in Playback: A Preservation Primer for
Video San Francisco: Bay Area Video Coalition (1998), p.60 - 69. On
reserve in Bobst Library.
- American Institute for Conservation of
Historic & Artistic
for your home
- Bachman, Rebecca,
Glossary of Terms, originally published in Playback: A
Preservation Primer for Video (1998), p.72-76.
- Council on
Library & Information
Resources (2004) The
State of Audio Collections in Academic Libraries
Technology History, Feb. 16, 2004.
- Discuss Vidipax tour
- Video & Sound
- What are some of the major issues with
- What are typical approaches to caring
video and sound?
- What is the effect of digital formats
on media preservation?
- Knowing more about video/sound
that tell you about risks to the material? What about its needs for