All students are required to live in NYU Sydney Housing
All students studying at NYU Sydney are expected to live in the NYU-leased residence hall conveniently located in Haymarket, Sydney’s buzzing Chinatown neighbourhood. Your fully furnished student accommodation is just a short walk from the beautiful Darling Quarter, a harbourside restaurant and entertainment precinct and close to the youthful and vibrant areas of Surry Hills, Glebe and Newtown.
Your residence hall is nestled in the heart of university life in Sydney. Situated next to the University of Technology-Sydney and close to the University of Sydney your accommodation is surrounded by inexpensive restaurants, markets and cafes making Haymarket the ideal location for visiting students.
The residence hall is less than two blocks from Sydney’s Central Railway Station and Railway Square bus terminus. These amenities are among Australia’s busiest public transportation hubs providing quick access to the airport and across the city. The commute to the academic center is an easy walk north along any one of a number of bustling thoroughfares or quieter side streets. Alternatively, students can take a simple two stop train ride.
- 6-bedroom suites shared between NYU students
- Each student has private bedroom & bathroom with shower
- Bedding, linens (except top sheet), and towel provided
- Wireless internet in suites and throughout building
- Shared kitchen/common area
- Fully stocked kitchen
- Laundry facilities
- Outdoor space with grill, billiards, and table tennis
- Television and games room
Things to Know
- Residence shared with Australian and international students
- 2.5 km to the academic center (trains and buses available; most students walk in ~25 minutes)
- Located near extensive public transportation
- Easy airport connection (15 minutes by train)
- Neighborhood is a mix of residential and touristic
Staff & Security
- 24-hour doorman/security service
- Keycard access required for entry
- Security cameras placed throughout building
Costs -Fall 19/Spring 20*
Should you cancel your study away term, be aware of the published cancellation fee schedule that outlines important deadlines and applicable fees.
$8,539 for students in a 6-bedroom suite
* Above is the proposed fall 2019 and spring 2020 semester rate for the Sydney study away site. Final rates are pending board of trustees approval in summer 2019. Room rates are site specific and are generally determined by room type, rental costs, and associated support services. The figures cited in NYU's Cost of Attendance are based on annual room and board rates at NYU's location in New York.
Students may prepare meals at home or dine out at one of the many affordable cafés and restaurants for which the Haymarket neighborhood is known. We particularly recommend the daily produce stalls at Paddy's Market (just blocks away) for a grocery bagful of fresh fruits and vegetables at a fraction of supermarket costs.