Take the Pledge!
NYU aims to reduce its energy use by 50% by 2017. We need your help to reach this goal. Take the pledge to improve YOUR environmental performance here on campus.
I pledge to...
- Turn off the lights when I leave the room and encourage my roommates and floormates to do the same.
- Recycle my plastics, paper, cardboard, metal and glass. NYU recycles all plastics in main campus buildings.
- Use a refillable water bottle and coffee mug. I will use the water bottle filling stations around campus, and save money by bringing a mug to local coffee shops.
- At least once a week, cut out meat. Consuming less or no meat will reduce my carbon footprint and conserve valuable resources like water and fossil fuels.
- Replace all my incandescent light bulbs with CFLs. I can get a free CFL bulb at the resource desk in my residence hall.
- Avoid the elevator and take the stairs. I will take the time to find the stairwells in residence halls and academic buildings.
- Choose used goods. I will buy less and reuse more.
- Plug all chargers and appliances into a central powerstrip. I will turn it off when I leave the room, and unplug unused chargers.
- Refrain from using unnecessary paper and plastic bags. I will bring a reusable bag instead.
- Talk to my friends about why I took this pledge and encourage them to do the same.