NYU Summer Housing provides inexpensive, short-term conference housing in New York University residence halls to organizations that meet the following criteria:
- The program or conference must have a programmatic affiliation with a New York University department or division.
- Duration of stay must be fewer than three (3) weeks.
- A minimum of ten (10) participants
- All residents must be at least 18 years of age.
- We cannot accommodate family housing requests, including spouses, partners and children not attending the program/event.
- The 2014 Summer Housing program begins on Sunday, May 25th and ends on Saturday, August 16th. All reservations must occur during this time.
|Tentative Short-term Housing Rates|
|Shared Occupancy Bedroom, Multi-Bedroom Suite
|$57 per night per resident|
|Single Occupancy Bedroom, Multi-Bedroom Suite
|$85 per night per resident|
Residence Hall Accommodations
Most short-term programs are housed in unadorned student dormitory rooms in Founders Hall, an air-conditioned residence hall located at 120 East 12th Street; just a few blocks from the NYU Washington Square Campus and Union Square.
NYU reserves the right to assign a group to a different residence hall based upon space availability.
All short-term accommodations offer:
- Air-conditioned, shared occupancy bedrooms for two occupants and single occupancy bedrooms in shared suites with up to two bedrooms (up to four residents in each suite)
- An in-suite bathroom
- Wireless internet service
- Bedrooms furnished with an extra-long twin bed, dresser, desk & chair.
- Limited overhead lighting in each bedroom
- Bedding (sheets, pillow & blanket) and towel
Additional furniture may not be brought into the halls. Smoking is not permitted in NYU Residence Halls.
If any participants require special accommodation based on a medical condition or disability, please notify a Summer Housing representative at the time of your group request to discuss the type of accommodation needed.
Safety & Security
Each residence hall has 24 hour security provided by the NYU Department of Public Safety. All residents will receive a temporary ID card upon checking in. Residents will be required to present this ID card upon entry into the residence hall. Short-term residents are not able to have guests in the Residence Hall.
Residence Hall Staffing
All buildings are staffed with a full time, professional, live-in Residence Hall Director, assisted by a team of professional and paraprofessional staff.
Each residence hall has a resource center, which serves as the primary contact point for information, check-in, check-out, maintenance concerns, and emergencies.
Please note that all washers and dryers in NYU residence halls only accept NYU Campus Cash as payment (no cash, change, or credit cards). In order to utilize the laundry machines, arrangements must be made with NYU Campus Cash prior to the program's arrival. Please contact NYU Campus Cash by email at email@example.com for more information.
Meal services and catering may be arranged by contacting Aramark Dining Services at NYU at 212-995-3030.
Meeting Space Reservation
Meeting and event facilities are available, by reservation, at the Kimmel Center for University Life, located at 60 Washington Square South. Additional information is available on the Kimmel Center website.
Wireless internet is available throughout NYU facilities. Guests can obtain the guest User ID and Password at their residence hall resource center.
- NYU does not provide in-room telephone or cable television to short-term residents.
- NYU does not provide toiletries to short-term residents.
- Residents are responsible for the daily upkeep of their own room. Cleaning service is not provided in occupied rooms.
Reservation & Payment Information
Requesting a Reservation
To request a group reservation for your NYU program or conference, please complete the online request:
Applications can only be submitted by a designated representative from an NYU sponsored program or event.
We recommend that applications for Short-Term Summer Housing be submitted by December 20, 2013 for priority consideration. We will accept applications after December 20, 2013 on a space-available basis.
If you are interested in requesting a tour of our accommodations at Founders Hall, please contact us via email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Coordination of group reservations and payments is the responsibility of the department or organizer. Program participants cannot make individual housing arrangements or payments with the Office of Residential Life & Housing Services.
An invoice will be sent to the group coordinator at the completion of the event including a reconciliation of each participant's reservation dates and charges. Payment can be made by interdepartmental transfer of funds or by check.
Cancellation Policy & Timeline
Cancellation or reduction of the number of participants requiring housing must be made no later than 6 weeks in advance of the first day of your group reservation to avoid any charges.
Cancellations or reservation reductions (including no-shows) received fewer than sex weeks prior to the reservation start date will result in a charge of $50 per cancellation/reduction.
Check-In & Check-Out
In general residents can check in between 3:00 PM and 8:00 PM. Any request for an exception to the designated check-in time must be discussed with a Summer Housing representative.
Residents must check out of NYU Housing and turn in their room key by 11:00 AM. Any request for an exception to the designated check-out time must be discussed with a Summer Housing representative.
Timeline for Short-Term Groups
- November 2013: Short-term group reservation request available
- December 20, 2013: Priority deadline for short term groups to submit reservation requests
- January 2014: Short-term group coordinator to be notified of the status of their reservation request(s)
- Six weeks prior to arrival date: Cancellation/reduction deadline (after this date there will be a fee)
- Two weeks prior to arrival date: Participant rosters must be turned in to NYU Summer Housing
- Two weeks after departure: Invoice will be sent to group coordinator. Payment must be remitted within thirty days.
For more information about Short-Term Summer Housing, please call Summer Housing at 212-998-4600 or email us at email@example.com