All Residents are required to check-out by 12 noon on their scheduled check-out date. Residents should be sure to:
- Remove all personal belongings and garbage from their room
- Return all keys to the front desk
- Sign and date their check-out card
Any resident who does not check-out by 12 noon on their scheduled check-out day will be charged for an additional week of housing.
Any unreturned keys will result in a key or lock-change charge.
For academic year NYU students, Transition Housing refers to those periods when the university is not in session, but the residence halls are open:
- Between the end of Spring Housing and the start of Summer Housing
- Between the end of Summer Housing and the start of academic year Fall Housing
To be eligible for transition housing, students must:
- Have a current housing assignment in Manhattan or Brooklyn
- Have a confirmed housing assignment in Manhattan or Brooklyn for the next term
- Remain in New York and in housing during the designated transition period
- Move belonginings to new assignment (if necessary) within 24 hours of notification
To transition from Spring to Summer housing NYU students must have a Summer Housing reservation beginning week 1. To transition from Summer to Fall housing, NYU students must have a Summer Housing reservation through week 12.