- Be currently enrolled in full-time graduate degree program as verified by the University Registrar. (If you are unsure of your status please speak with your academic adviser as we can not determine this for you). You can also find this information on your certificate of enrollment, which you can request on Albert. Click here to view location in Albert.
- Your dependent child must not have reached his/her 6th birthday by the deadline of November 1st for the Fall semester and April 1st for the Spring semester.
- You provide a valid copy of your child's birth certificate
Completing the Application
- Complete the online application form by the deadline. For the Fall Semester, November 1st and for the Spring Semester, April 1st.
- Note that if you will be enrolled full time during the Fall and Spring semesters, you must complete the additional survey to apply for the Spring subsidy.
- After completing the application, you may email or hand-deliver a copy of your child's birth certificate. The birth certificate MUST be received in the office by the semester deadline. Late birth certificates will not be accepted.
- Applications will not be processed until the deadline for the process closes on November 1 and April 1. The office will not contact you before this deadline as to your status but you will receive an email to your NYU account the week following the closing of the application process.
Birth Certificates may be hand-delivered to the Student Resource Center located at the Kimmel Center for University Life, 60 Washington Square South, suite 210. Faxed copies will not be accepted.
Please note this award may be taxable. Federal Tax with holdings may apply.
All students who apply for the Graduate Student Childcare Subsidy will automatically be enrolled in the students with children listserve through administered by the Student Resource Center.