Getting the Most Out of Your Meeting
Here are some tips for getting the most out of academic advisement:
- Take time to become familiar with available information on your school's website (see links below) and think about how it intersects with your interests and goals.
- Seek regular advisement, particularly around registration and other academic choice points and early on when you're having a problem.
- Prepare in advance of each advisement meeting, making a list of your questions and/or what you want to accomplish.
- Make use of a variety of advisement-related tools in Albert and on NYU's websites to help assess your current status, identify possible options, and weigh choices for specific next steps.
- Do your best to communicate clearly and openly with your advisor(s): ask questions, share ideas, or express concerns without hesitation.
- Use Albert to review your degree progress and remaining degree requirements regularly. To access Albert, log in to NYUHome, select the Academics tab, and click on the Student Login button in the Albert for Students section.
The more you invest in making the most of advisement opportunities, the more likely you will be satisfied with your courses, progress toward degree, personal growth, and overall college experience.