Find Your Location
Don't see where you're planning to go? Contact us.
If you run into an emergency while studying abroad, first contact the local authorities. You can also contact the NYU Department of Public Safety in New York at 212-998-2222. They regularly assist with international emergencies.
For updates from NYU when major events occur and the potential impact on University operations, check Info Alert.
Special note for international students:
If you are an F-1 student, to keep your F-1 status while abroad, you must:
- Register as a full-time student.
- Keep a local US address in Albert.
- Get a travel signature on your I-20 before departing the US.
- Check your F-1 visa to ensure it will be valid when you plan to return to the US. If you need a new one, review how to renew your U.S. visa.
- Continue to check your NYU email while you're outside of the US. It's the only way we could contact you if there is any issue with your immigration record.
- Talk to an advisor at the OGS prior to leaving if you want to work in the US right after you return.
If you are a J-1 student:
- You must contact us immediately for guidance if you wish to study abroad for a semester or year.
Are you an international student and want to study or travel outside the US for more than 5 months? Contact us.