Albert is not optimized for Internet Explorer. We recommend using Chrome, Edge, or Firefox.
For the best possible Albert experience, and to fix common issues with Albert, be sure to clear your cache regularly.
How to clear your cache:
On a PC, click the "Firefox" menu in the top left corner. Next, select the right arrow next to "History, " and click "Clear Recent History". Or press Ctrl+Shift+Delete to open the recent history window.
On a Mac, from the Tools menu, select "Clear Recent History" Alternately, you can press Shift-Command-Delete.
- Select Temporary Internet Files.
- Uncheck all of the other boxes, especially Preserve Favorites website data. This option makes the window also delete objects from websites in your Favorites folder, which is necessary to completely clear your cache.
Google Chrome 10+
- Open the settings on Chrome. Click the menu icon in the upper right corner of the browser to the right. Click settings on the bottom of the menu.
- From settings, click Show advanced settings: located at the very bottom of the settings section.
- Scroll to the privacy section and click "Clear browsing data".
- Select "Empty the cache". Uncheck all other options to avoid deleting browser history, cookies and other things you may wish to retain. Change "Obliterate the following items from" to "the beginning of time."
- Click "Clear browsing data."
Google Chrome 1-9
- Open your browser, select the Tools menu (the wrench in the upper-right corner) and select Options ("Preferences" on Mac).
- On the Under the Bonnet tab, click the Clear Browsing data... button.
- Select the Empty the cache check-box. You can also choose the period of time you wish to delete cached information using the Clear data from this period dropdown menu.
- Click "Clear browsing data."
Apple Safari for Mac OS X
- Open your browser
- Click the Safari menu
- Select Empty Cache
- Click Empty
Apple Safari for Microsoft Windows
- Open your browser, click the gear icon on the top right.
- Select "Reset Safari..." Select "Remove all website data" at the very bottom of the prompt. Check or uncheck any other categories you want reset.
- Click Reset.
Some pages/functions open in new windows, so you must enable your pop-ups if you have them blocked.
How to enable pop-ups:
Google Chrome (version 46)
- Open the Chrome menu and select Settings or Preferences.
- At the bottom of the "Settings" window, click Show advanced settings...
- In the "Privacy" section, click the Content settings... button.
- In the window that opens, scroll down to the "Pop-ups" section, select Allow all sites to show pop-ups or Do not allow any site to show pop-ups (recommended) then click Done.
Firefox (version 42)
- Open the Firefox menu and choose Preferences... (on Windows devices this may appear as Options).
- Select the Content panel.
- In the Content panel, check or uncheck Block pop-up windows.
Safari (version 10)
- Open the Safari menu and select Preferences.
- Click the Websites tab.
- Click the Pop-up Windows tab.
- Select Allow next to When visiting other websites.
Internet Explorer (version 11)
- Click the Tools (gear) icon at the top right, then select Internet options.
- Click the Privacy tab.
- Under "Pop-up Blocker," check or uncheck Turn on Pop-up Blocker, then click OK.
- Select the Settings icon on your home screen (or wherever you have stored it).
- Scroll down until you see the choice labeled Safari. Select this option.
- Block Pop-ups can be enabled or disabled by toggling its accompanying ON/OFF button.