Online Programming, Services, and Opportunities
NYU's Division of Student Affairs and our campus partners are committed to providing students with online support services, programs, events, and resources to complement the transition to remote learning.
To stay up to date on all of our online oppportunities, we encourage you to sign up for newsletters and connect on social media.
Please visit the Coronavirus Information and Resources page for official updates regarding the current status of the COVID-19 virus and its impact on the university community.
Featured Programming & Engagement
Use the links below to learn more about some of our featured pragramming and engagement opportunities.
- Virtual Engagement Opportunities from the Center for Student Life: community events to connect with other students
- Hangouts Hosted by NYU Students
- Resources for the NYU Creative Community
- Your Career and Covid-19 — A weekly series addressing topics to keep your career on track - conducted through Zoom on Fridays starting April 10 and running through May 20, this series will cover timely topics like virtual networking and interviewing, job search for international students, planning for summer, and finding growth industry opportunities. Log into Handshake for more details.
- Wednesdays with Wasserman — conducted through Instagram Live in April and May, this series will offer an informal opportunity to connect live with Wasserman coaches and other students and alumni.
- Meditation Classes
- Yoga Classes
Health, Wellness & Accessibility Services
- Current list of services.
- Schedule a Virtual Care appointment or call (212) 443-1000 for urgent medical needs.
Mental Health Services
- Call the Wellness Exchange 24/7 hotline at (212) 443-9999, chat via the app anytime (iPhone or Android), make a virtual appointment, or "stop by" during our virtual drop-in hours.
- Wellness Workshops (offered via Zoom)
- Group Counseling (offered via Zoom)
Moses Center for Student Accessibility
- The Moses Center is NOT administering in person exams through the remainder of the semester. Please email email@example.com for consultation.
- Information for Remote Accommodations
- Remote drop in meetings with an Accessibility Specialist are available Monday through Friday from 1-3pm ET. To request a remote meeting, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and an Accessibility Specialist will reach out to you with a Zoom link.
Self Care: Staying Active & Mindful
With difficult news on COVID-19 now part of our daily experience, and our vast NYU community now limited to screen-only connections, it's more important than ever that we continue to engage, together, with the tools that have always helped us navigate uncertain times.
Free Meditation & Yoga Classes
MindfulNYU hosts a wide offering of FREE yoga and meditation classes throughout the week during the academic year. These are drop in classes and no prior registration is required, although you will need a valid NYU ID to join.
More From MindfulNYU
- D.I.Y. Mindfulness Resources and Media
- MindfulNYU Events, Trainings & Programs
- Mindfulness Student Groups
Strength & Nutrition
Career Development & Entrepreneurship
- To access all of Wasserman's Center for Career Development online resources, services, and programs, including the following, make sure your profile is complete on Handshake and visit our blog often.
- 30-minute virtual career coaching appointments
- Virtual Drop-ins for undergraduate students and alumni
- Virtual group coaching for graduate students and postdocs
- Access to 50+ digital career guides to help you explore careers and prepare to apply and interview for those careers
- 30-minute virtual career coaching appointments
- Exam Preparation (GMAT, MCAT, GRE)
- Find a Job or Internship
- Job Search Strategy for Seniors
- Job Search Strategy for Graduate Students
- Entrepreneurial Institute Startup Coaching & Mentorship
- Up-to-date industry insights, featuring companies that have opportunities available right now, direct from employers
- Alumni Connection — To increase opportunities for students to build your network, the Violet Network, NYU’s new online community supporting professional connections within our global network of students and alumni, will roll out to alumni in late April and graduating students in early May. We are exploring moving our full launch to all students from fall to summer.
Student Communities & Organizations
- Virtual Club Life Drop In Hours: Monday-Friday from 4pm to 5pm ET via Zoom
- Student Activities Board Events
- Fraternity & Sorority Life
- International Student Center
- Military & Veteran Students
- Transfer Students
- Commuter Students
- Graduate Student Life
- Student Government Assembly (SGA)
Identity-Based Student Groups & Networking
- Cultural Groups and Organizations
- Religious and Faith-Based Groups and Organizations
- LGBTQ+ Student Groups and Organizations
- Multicultural Fraternities and Sororities
- Inclusion, Diversity, Belonging, and Equity-focused (IDBE) events
Athletics, Intramurals and Recreation
Residential Life & Housing Services
Residential Life Programming
- Incoming first-year student? Take a virtual tour of our first-year residence hall communities!
- Connect with the Inter-Residence Hall Council and checkout the amazing Taste Of videos hall councils created this year.
- Connect with the National Residence Hall Honorary, consider applying for membership, and nominating a deserving individual or group for their annual Of The Year Awards.
- Enjoy some of NYU’s best talent from UltraViolet Live! Log into NYU Stream for full versions of 2019, 2018, 2017, 2015, and 2014 —as well as a special All Stars clip!
Leadership & Awards
The Leadership Initiative team remains committed to supporting your leadership development, and immersive programs, events, and Global Awards advising will continue remotely using NYU Zoom, unless otherwise specified.
Religious & Spiritual Life
NYU's Global Spiritual Life is committed to furthering students’ ability to find their spiritual home at NYU. Global Spiritual Life continues to support students through virtual offerings that cultivate belonging in order to reclaim the value of love in education and action.
As the University continues to move opportunities online, we encourage you to sign up to receive emails and to follow channels of interest to you and to connect with us on social media.
Emails, Newsletters & Listservs
- Global Service's Immigration Spotlight newsletter
- Global Service's Happening Around NYU newsletter
- Global Spiritual Life newsletter
- Global Spiritual Life: The Bronfman Center's newsletter
- Leadership Initiative newsletter
- Leslie eLab Insider newsletter
- LGBTQ+ Center's OutPost newsletter
- MindfulNYU newsletter
- Center for Multicultural Education and Programs newsletter
- NYU Production Lab mailing list
- Center for Student Life newsletter
- Athletics, Intramurals, and Recreation (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter)
- Entrepreneurial Institute (Blog, Facebook, Instagram, Twitter)
- Office of Global Inclusion (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter)
- Office of Global Services (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, YouTube)
- Global Spiritual Life (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter)
- Leadership Initiative (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter)
- LGBTQ+ Center (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter)
- MindfulNYU (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter)
- The Bronfman Center (Facebook, Instagram, Blog)
- Center for Multicultural Education and Programs (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter)
- NYU Production Lab (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, YouTube, Vimeo)
- Office of Residential Life & Housing Services (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, YouTube)
- Center for Student Life (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter)
- Wasserman Center for Career Development (Blog, Facebook, Instagram, Twitter)