About Gramercy Green
Located in the Gramercy Park area of NYC, this residence hall offers NYU students a unique living experience with a variety of amenities and living-learning opportunities. Primarily housing sophomore students, the building maintains 20 resident assistants, two Faculty Fellows-in-Residence, several Explorations communities, and two Chaplains in Residence. The facilities include TV, computer, study lounges, and a fitness center, as well as a large programming space for a variety of events and activities.
The area in which Gramercy Green is located draws upon its connection with numerous historic landmarks nearby, including the Beaux Arts Appellate Courthouse, the Flatiron Building, the MetLife Clock Tower, the New York Life Building, and the Empire State Building. The Greenmarket at Union Square is the favorite local shopping destination for the Gramercy residents but the area also houses a variety of grocery stores and local delis. Stores of all descriptions can be found on Park Avenue South, and there is an expansive choice of restaurants in the area. Today, the Gramercy Park area is a thriving neighborhood with the right mix of stores and residential buildings.
- 25 minute walk to Washington Square
- NYC Mass Transit Access:
- NYC Bus:
- M101, M102, & M103 for uptown/downtown service on 3rd Ave
- M15 for downtown service on 2nd Ave
- M23 for crosstown service on 23rd Street
- Two blocks away from subway stop at 23rd & Park Avenue for the 6 train.
- A few blocks away from subway stop at 23rd & Broadway for the R train.
- NYC Bus:
- The closest free NYU Shuttle is Route E & F, which stops at Gramercy Green. For more info, please see Bus Routes and Schedules.
Residence Hall Professional Staff
Faculty Fellows in Residence
College of Arts and Science
School of Professional Studies