About Goddard Hall
Goddard Hall is the University's only Residential College for first-year students, located right on Washington Square Park - steps away from three different dining halls, Bobst Library, most classrooms, and the Kimmel Student Center. We're at the crossroads of NYC's liveliest neighborhoods: Greenwich Village, SoHo, the East Village, and the Lower East Side! The Residential College at Goddard is organized around the vital theme of citizen engagement and our students affiliate with one of six themed "streams," which range from social justice issues to "Poverty & Affluence" to affinity-based streams devoted to "Creating New York" or "All the World's a Stage." Find out more about the residential college here. Six amazing Resident Assistants and Goddard’s Faculty Fellow-in-Residence are visible and active members of the Goddard Residential College community. Participating in the Residential College at Goddard will provide first-year students a terrific home to establish a solid footing for a successful NYU student career. Check out our blog to learn more about Goddard!
- Less than 5 minute walk to campus.
- Subway Access:
- Three blocks from West 4th Street subway station for A, C, E, F, D, & M trains.
- Three blocks from the 8th Street & Broadway station for the N & R trains.
- Four blocks from the Astor Place station for the 6 trains.
- Closest Dining Hall is on Washington Square, Kimmel Market Place on Washington Square South and LaGuardia Place.
Residence Hall Professional Staff
Faculty Fellow in Residence