Checking In and Out
Fall 2020 Check in
- As part of NYU Returns, we have made a number of important changes for Fall 2020 Move-In.
- Please refer to the communication distributed to the University community on July 29, 2020 regarding arrival procedures for Fall 2020.
- Residents have received an email with details about selecting an appointment time to move in to their assigned residence hall. Selecting an appointment time is required in order to move in.
- Move-in for residents who will need to quarantine upon arrival in New York must move in on Tuesday, August 18th or Wednesday, August 19th (only).
- All other residents will be able to move in on Monday, August 31st or later.
- Residents should report to their residence hall upon arrival and follow posted signage to be issued keys and receive other information.
Friends & Family Welcome Meetings
We hosted virtual welcome meetings for parents, families, and friends of all residents.
For families and friends of residents who were quarantining:
- Tuesday, August 18th at 2:00 PM EDT
- Wednesday, August 19th at 2:00 PM EDT
For families and friends of residents who arrived on Monday, August 31st or later:
- Monday, August 31st at 2:00 PM EDT
- Tuesday, September 1st at 2:00 PM EDT
- Saturday, September 5th at 2:00 PM EDT
Fall 2020 Check out
Residents who are not continuing their studies at NYU-NY from fall to spring (due to December graduation, leave of absence, withdrawal, or participation in a spring study away opportunity) must complete their check out within 24 hours of their last final exam, or by Noon on Monday, December 21st, whichever comes first.
Please note: Fall 2020 residents who participate in Spring 2021 study away opportunities cannot remain in housing until their spring departure dates. They should make arrangements to check out of their fall housing assignments by December 21st.
To complete a check out properly, residents must remove all personal belongings from their rooms, discard any trash or recyclables in the appropriate receptacles, return all original keys to the residence hall resource center, and sign the check out section of the residence hall registration card. Students will also have the opportunity to complete a mail forwarding card which will allow the University to forward any first-class mail for 90 days beyond the check out date. More details regarding this process will be available at each Resource Center.