All students who completed Phase 1 are guaranteed an assignment. Students who chose not to select or were unable to select a space during Phase 2 - Room Selection will be administratively assigned over the summer. The assignment preference form will be available April 13th through May 15, 2018. It is accessible on the Housing Portal. All cancellation deadlines and related fees apply to all students awaiting administrative assignment.
Post Selection Room Change Requests
The post selection room change form is available from April 9th through May 15, 2018. It is accessible on the Housing Portal. Please note the following:
- Review of room change requests is done on a rolling basis after the final cancellation deadline has passed and available inventory is realized.
- The only room change preferences taken into consideration are those indicated by the student on the room change request form.
- Single occupancy rooms make up only 3% of all residence hall inventory, so if a student only indicates preferences for a room change into a single occupancy room, there is less than a 3% chance that a room change will be possible.
- Consideration is given to room change requests in reverse priority from the room selection process. For example, those with later room selection times will have their room change requests considered before those with earlier room selection times.
- If a room change has not been accommodated by Friday, August 3rd, it is unlikely a new assignment will become available prior to the start of the fall term.
- Room changes are never guaranteed. Requests are solely subject to space availability.
Special Interest Housing Waitlist
Students interested in joining a special interest housing community should complete this waitlist form by May 15, 2018. Students who previously applied for special interesting housing during Phase 1 will receive priority for placement.
Bed for Bed Room Change Forum
Cancellations and Fees
The housing cancellation deadline is June 15, 2018. Students may cancel their housing, for any reason, by this deadline.
Cancellations after the final 2018-2019 cancellation deadline (June 15, 2018) are accepted only for specific reasons as outlined in the Housing License. The NYU Housing License is a commitment for both the Fall and Spring terms. Please note the following housing cancellation deadlines and related fees are non-negotiable. Cancellation fees are applied equally according to the published schedule and are never waived or applied to other balances. As a reminder, students with housing guarantees are guaranteed placement within University provided housing. They are not guaranteed their preferred building locations, room types, room rates, or roommates.
- Cancellations received by May 15, 2018 will be charged a $500 cancellation fee.
- Cancellations received between May 16, 2018 and June 15, 2018 will be charged a $750 cancellation.
- Cancellation of the license after the June 15, 2018 deadline is not permitted. The Housing License is a 9-month financial commitment for the full academic year, both the Fall and Spring terms.
The cancellation request form is available in the Housing Portal.
Please note, cancellation fees are assessed in early-July. If applicable, the remainder of your credit can be requested at that time.