Dining Safety Protocols
NYU Eats is fully committed to providing a wide variety of delicious, healthy and nutritious meal options to the NYU community—safely and responsibly. All dining locations will follow the recommended CDC and NY State guidelines for hygiene, cleaning, and disinfection. All dining associates will follow the mandated screening NY State guidelines and PPE requirements.
To ensure customer safety:
- Face coverings are required to be worn in all dining locations.
- Guests must observe the designated entrance and exits, queuing, and social distancing requirements outlined by floor decals, signage, and dining hall associates.
- All dining locations will be marked to ensure that all customer parties remain at least 6 feet apart.
- All food will be served by dining hall associates; there will be no self-serve salad bars or buffet stations.
- Check out will be contactless and cashless. Customers can use NYU Meal Plans or a credit/debit card.
- To minimize time spent in the dining hall, customers are encouraged to view menus online at NYUEats.com or the NYU Mobile app prior to visiting the location.
- For quick pick up, pre-ordering is encouraged for retail locations, through the GrubHub app. There will be a designated station at all retail locations offering GrubHub for pick up.
- After checking out, please cover your food and take it to a space that allows you to remain 6 feet away from the next person.
- Since locations must meet NY State guidelines, there may be minimal or no seating in dining locations.
- Please wait to remove your face covering until you are ready to eat. It is recommended that you put your mask in a personal bag, rather than on a common space. Customers are encouraged to wear face coverings when seated and not eating and/or drinking.
- If you are seated in a dining location, please minimize the time spent at the table to allow for other customers who are waiting.
- Please leave the space clean when you leave and deposit all empty containers in the proper receptacle.
If you are in a dining location and have a specific question or comment about that location, you can ask to speak to a NYU Eats Associate or the location Manager, or use the Text2Solve number posted and feedback will be sent directly to the Location Manager.
Have questions? Please visit our FAQ page or email us at AskCampusServices@nyu.edu.