NYU Wasserman Digital Resources and Services
At NYU Wasserman, we adapted our opportunities to provide digital and specialized support for our students and alumni to manage their careers during the Covid-19 economic downturn. To access all of our resources, services, and programs, make sure your profile is complete on Handshake and visit our blog often.
There is no doubt that the economic effects of COVID-19 make the job search more challenging. However, employers are eager to stay engaged with you. We are working with employers to ensure weekly opportunities for you to connect with them. Companies are hosting digital information sessions, skill-building webinars and virtual career expos.
- Our blog will share up-to-date industry insights and feature companies that have opportunities available right now, direct from employers.
Digital Connections with NYU Alumni
To increase opportunities for you to build your network, the Violet Network, NYU’s new online community supporting professional connections within our global network of students and alumni, was launched over the summer. Start exploring and connecting today!
Internship and Job Search
Remember, even during an economic decline, people still get hired. NYU students and alumni are among the most competitive candidates because of the depth of their experience, the diversity of their networks, and the strength of their job ready skills. That will remain true even as hiring slows, so it is critical to focus on your development in those three areas - experience, networks, and skills - and that you do not pause your job search. Those who are both patient and persistent will be most successful during the decline and when the economy turns around.
Wasserman is here to help! Please find information and links to resources and services below.
Services & Resources
The NYU Wasserman Center expanded our digital opportunities to ensure you have the support you need to do just that:
Speak with a coach & attend digital programs- Schedule both through Handshake.
- 30-minute pre-scheduled virtual career coaching appointments for undergraduate students
- 20-minute pre-scheduled virtual career coaching appointments for graduate students
- Virtual same day express appointments for undergraduate students and alumni
- Virtual group coaching for graduate students and postdocs
- An average of 10-15 virtual events per week
- Digital presentations and workshops for departments, classes, and clubs
Digital career resources - You can access over 50 digital career guides on Handshake to help you explore careers and prepare to apply and interview for those careers. You will also find:
- Big Interview (virtual interviewing practice platform)
- VMock (for undergraduates - virtual resume review software)
- Versatile PhD (for graduate students - professional career preparation for PhDs)
- Resource guides on applying to graduate school, virtual networking and more
New job search resources addressing the current economic climate.