On-Campus Recruitment (OCR) is one of the many ways for NYU juniors, seniors, and graduate students to discover job and internship opportunities.
From September through April, organizations from a wide variety of for profit and non-profit industries visit the Wasserman Center and interview both undergraduate and graduate students in the Class of 2018 for full-time employment after graduation (excluding Law, Medicine, Dentistry and M.B.A. students). From October to April, students in the Class of 2019 may access OCR to obtain interviews for summer 2018 internships.
What is OCR?: Accessible Video
We highly recommend that students have their resume reviewed by a career coach attend an Acing the Interview seminar. A sharp resume, powerful cover letter, and polished interviewing and professional networking skills are the keys to success in a job or internship search.
Cancellations of on-campus interviews must be made no less than four business days prior to the scheduled interview date. If you cancel within four business days or are a no-show, your OCR access will be immediately suspended. If you would like to appeal, please call the recruitment desk at 212.998.4737 to schedule an in-person appointment with the Director to discuss your situation.
By participating in the OCR program, I agree to the following:
· September 5: Fall term classes begin
· September 5: Employer presentations begin (full-time and internship)
· September 11: Full-time interviews begin
· September 20-22: Rosh Hashanah*
· September 29: Yom Kippur*
· October 2: Internship interviews begin
· October 9: Fall Recess*
· November 22-24: Thanksgiving Recess*
· December 15: Last day of fall classes
· January 15: Martin Luther King, Jr. Holiday*
· January 22: Spring term classes begin; Interviews and employer presentations recommence
· February 19: President's Day*
· March 12-16: Spring Break*
· May 7: Last day of classes; Final day for interviews and employer presentations
*No interviews or events
OCR is open to all NYU students enrolled in a degree program who are graduating in 2018 and 2019. December graduates still maintain OCR privileges throughout the spring semester.
Students studying abroad at NYU Global sites are encouraged to participate in OCR. If you are selected for an interview, please sign up for a time slot that works for your schedule (EST) and email firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know you are abroad. We will reach out to the employer on your behalf to see if they are willing to interview you virtually or phone during your time slot.