On-Campus Recruitment (OCR) is one of the many ways for NYU juniors, seniors, and graduate students to discover job and internship opportunities.
From September through April, organizations from a wide variety of for profit and non-profit industries visit the Wasserman Center and interview both undergraduate and graduate students in the Class of 2017 for full-time employment after graduation (excluding Law, Medicine, Dentistry and M.B.A. students). From January to April, students in the Class of 2018 may access OCR to obtain interviews for summer 2017 internships.
Participate in OCR
We highly recommend that students have their resume reviewed by a career coach attend an Acing the Interview seminar. A sharp resume, powerful cover letter, and polished interviewing and professional networking skills are the keys to success in a job or internship search.
OCR is open to all NYU students enrolled in a degree program who are graduating in 2017 and 2018. December graduates still maintain OCR privileges throughout the spring semester.
Students studying abroad at NYU Global sites are encouraged to participate in OCR. If you are selected for an interview, please sign up for a time slot that works for your schedule (EST) and email email@example.com to let us know you are abroad. We will reach out to the employer on your behalf to see if they are willing to interview you virtually or phone during your time slot.
- January 16: Martin Luther King, Jr. Holiday; University closed
- January 23: Spring term classes begin; OCR interviews and employer information sessions recommence
- February 20: President's Day; University closed
- March 13-17: NYU Spring Break; No OCR interviews/events
- May 8: Last day of classes; Final day for OCR interviews/events
Cancellations of on-campus interviews must be made no less than four business days prior to the scheduled interview date. If you cancel within four business days or are a no-show, your OCR access will be immediately suspended. If you would like to appeal, please call the recruitment desk at 212.998.4737 to schedule an in-person appointment with the Director to discuss your situation.
- We ask employers to give students three weeks to decide about a full-time job offer and four weeks to decide about a summer internship offer.
- If a summer internship is converted to a full-time offer, students have until October 3, 2016 to decide.
- After accepting an OCR offer, complete this 30-second survey.
By participating in the OCR program, I agree to the following:
- All information found on my resume, unofficial transcript, NYU CareerNet profile and other social media platforms is up-to-date, truthful and accurate.
- I will not share my login information with other individuals from NYU and peer institutions.
- I give permission to OCR to provide my resume and other job search documents to prospective employers.
- I will honor all interview and employer commitments. Cancellations of on-campus interviews must be made up to four business days prior to the scheduled interview date.
- I will sign up for interviews with only those employers for whom I am interested in working.
- I will exercise professional conduct during any and all recruitment related activities, including interactions with the Wasserman Center staff.
- I will notify the employer on a timely basis of acceptance or non-acceptance of an offer, either verbally or in writing. I will withdraw myself from the recruiting process after accepting an offer by notifying OCR immediately.
- If I renege on a verbal or written offer, my Dean will be contacted.
- Jobs listed in NYU CareerNet may not be shared with another recruiting entity or posted to another job site.
- I accept that failure to adhere to the OCR honor code may result in the termination of my interview privileges.