On-Campus Recruitment (OCR) is one of the many ways for NYU juniors, seniors, and graduate students to discover job and internship opportunities.
From September through April, organizations from a wide variety of for profit and non-profit industries visit the Wasserman Center and interview both undergraduate and graduate students in the Class of 2017 for full-time employment after graduation (excluding Law, Medicine, Dentistry and M.B.A. students). From January to April, students in the Class of 2018 may access OCR to obtain interviews for summer 2017 internships.
Participate in OCR
To obtain access to OCR, you must attend both an OCR Orientation and an Acing the Interview seminar (offered weekly). If you are unable to attend an OCR Orientation in person, please complete the virtual orientation and quiz.
Students are encouraged to take advantage of the Wasserman Center's career exploration and job search services. Having a polished resume, a powerful cover letter, and perfecting your interviewing and professional networking skills are the keys to success in a job or internship search.
OCR is open to all NYU students enrolled in a degree program who are graduating in 2017 and 2018. December graduates still maintain OCR privileges throughout the spring semester.
Students studying abroad at NYU Global sites are encouraged to participate in OCR. If you are selected for an interview, please sign up for a time slot that works for your schedule (EST) and email email@example.com to let us know you are abroad. We will reach out to the employer on your behalf to see if they are willing to interview you virtually or phone during your time slot.
- Sep 6: Fall term classes begin
- Sep 8: Full-time interviews begin; Presentations begin (full-time and internship)
- Oct 2-4: Rosh Hashanah (no events/interviews)
- Oct 10: Fall Recess (no events/interviews)
- Oct 12: Yom Kippur (no events/interviews)
- Oct 13: Internship interviews begin
- Dec 16: Last day of fall term classes
- Jan 23: Spring term classes begin; Recruitment recommences
Cancellations of on-campus interviews must be made no less than four business days prior to the scheduled interview date. If you cancel within four business days or are a no-show, your OCR access will be immediately suspended. If you would like to appeal, please call the recruitment desk at 212.998.4737 to schedule an in-person appointment with the Director to discuss your situation.
By participating in the OCR program, I agree to the following:
- All information found on my resume, unofficial transcript, NYU CareerNet profile and other social media platforms is up-to-date, truthful and accurate.
- I will not share my login information with other individuals from NYU and peer institutions.
- I give permission to OCR to provide my resume and other job search documents to prospective employers.
- I will honor all interview and employer commitments. Cancellations of on-campus interviews must be made up to four business days prior to the scheduled interview date.
- I will sign up for interviews with only those employers for whom I am interested in working.
- I will exercise professional conduct during any and all recruitment related activities, including interactions with the Wasserman Center staff.
- I will notify the employer on a timely basis of acceptance or non-acceptance of an offer, either verbally or in writing. I will withdraw myself from the recruiting process after accepting an offer by notifying OCR immediately.
- If I renege on a verbal or written offer, my Dean will be contacted.
- Jobs listed in NYU CareerNet may not be shared with another recruiting entity or posted to another job site.
- I accept that failure to adhere to the OCR honor code may result in the termination of my interview privileges.