After you are hired, please complete the following steps as either a New Student Employee or a Returning Student Employee.
Graduate and undergraduate students temporarily outside of the US are eligible to complete remote work for a campus job if they have authorization to work in the US, a valid I-9 on file with the University, and a US bank account.
The Wasserman Center physical locations are closed, but all staff are working remotely until further notice. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for remote I-9 and other onboarding instructions.
Per federal guidelines, NYU is allowing the completion of I-9s through a remote authorized agent which can include someone 18+ who is your friend, neighbor, family member or another adult.
- Access and print out the required I-9 and remote authorization agent form.
- You and your authorized agent must login for one of our group Zoom appointments (please see schedule):
- Monday: 9AM-11AM ET, 2PM-4PM ET
- Tuesday: 11AM-1PM ET, 6PM-8PM ET
- Wednesday: 12PM-2PM ET, 6PM-8PM ET
- Thursday: 11AM-1PM ET, 2PM-4PM ET
- Friday: 9AM-11AM ET. 11AM-1PM ET
- Students must bring original I-9 IDs to the Zoom meeting. Examples of acceptable IDs for domestic students include a US Passport or Permanent Resident Card or Driver’s License w/ a Social Security Card or Driver’s License w/ a Birth Certificate. Required IDs for international students include a valid Foreign passport, valid I-20 or Ds-2019, and a valid I-94.
- A staff member on the on-campus employment team will walk you and your authorized agent through how to fill out the forms properly.
- Once the Zoom appointment is over and you’ve completed both the I-9 and remote authorization agent form you must upload these forms and your acceptable IDs into Peoplesync by logging into NYU Home, Peoplesync, Personal Information, More, and Worker Documents. Add and save the scans of your I-9 and documents under the category “supporting I-9 documents” -Electronic Signatures are NOT permitted.
- Please fill out this form to let us know your I-9 is completed.
Complete the Initial Appointment Form. Log in to Albert, click "Other Resources" at the top of the page, and then click "Wasserman" and "Get Started".
- Submit the Initial Appointment Form (Form B) by clicking "Agree and Print". You do not need to physically print the form. You may print a copy of the form if you need it to apply for a job, but this is not an approved form.
Complete the I-9 (see resources above), W4, and direct deposit forms through PeopleSync (NYU’s system for Human Resources, Payroll, and Benefits). This must be completed 1-3 business days before your first day of employment.
- Undergraduate students will receive an email from PeopleSync within 24-48 hours of submitting the Initial Appointment Form with instructions on how to complete the I-9, W-4 and direct deposit forms.
- If you do not receive the email within 24-48 hours, log in to PeopleSync to complete your I-9, W-4 and direct deposit forms, which will be available in your inbox or by searching for the form name in the search bar.
- Graduate students will not receive an email and should log in to PeopleSync directly to complete the I-9, W-4 and direct deposit forms, which will be available in your inbox or by searching for the form name in the search bar.
- International students only need to complete the I-9 and direct deposit forms on PeopleSync. (An NYU Glacier account will be prepared for you to complete the W-4 and other tax documents.)
- Bring the following required documentation to the Wasserman Center (Main Office or Brooklyn Office).
- International students who do not have a Social Security number must apply for a social security number with the Office of Global Service.
- After applying for a SSN, bring the following required documentation to the Wasserman Center to complete your I-9 form:
- Receipt of SSN application
- Foreign Passport
- J-1 Visa/DS-2019 Form OR F-1 Visa/I-20 Form OR EA-Card Visa
Students Who Are 25 and Under
- NY State requires one document during I-9 processing that indicates the student’s date of birth for proof of age. Documents that include the date of birth include the U.S Passport, Permanent Resident Card, Driver’s License, or Birth Certificate.
New York Wage Theft Prevention Act
- Effective 4/9/11, the New York Wage Theft Prevention Act amends and strengthens Section 195 of the Labor Law. Upon hire, all student employees will receive and sign a notice from the NYU hiring department. This notice will include employer information, the employee's rate of pay, frequency of pay, and overtime pay rate.
Submit the Reappointment Form. Log in to Albert, click "Other Resources" at the top of the page, and then click "Wasserman".
- Returning student employees who are U.S. citizens and Permanent Residents who submit a Reappointment Form will be electronically approved before 1-3 business days. International students who submit a Reappointment Form must show proof of work authorization by emailing email@example.com for approval.