The On-Campus Recruitment program (OCR) provides employers with the opportunity to hold presentations and conduct interviews on the New York University campus for full-time positions in the fall and spring semesters and paid summer internships in the spring semester.
After you post your position and select an interview date, we will market the opportunity to qualified students who meet your position requirements. Once the resume submission deadline passes, you select the candidates you wish to interview, and then we take care of coordinating the interview schedule.
Benefits of On-Campus Recruitment
- Scheduling Expertise: We stay on top of all of your interview schedules and prepare interview packets with your finalized schedule and interviewees' resumes on your interview day.
- Virtual Interviewing: We can coordinate virtual interviews to allow you to interview our students who are studying abroad with ease and efficiency.
- 24 interview rooms
- Employer Business Center complete with coffee, espresso, tea, complimentary breakfast
- Complimentary lunch and snacks
- Access to Palladium gym facilities
- Secure Wi-Fi access
We accept reservations on a rolling basis. We encourage you to allow 3-4 weeks for the application, selection, and interview sign-up process. If you require a shorter turnaround time, you can request the 'Room Reservation Only' model where you coordinate interviews directly with candidates.
- Log into your NYU CareerNet account
- Select Request New OCR Interview Date or Request a New Information Session from the Shortcuts menu.
- You will receive a confirmation email once your date is confirmed (1-2 business days). If you requested an interview schedule, you will receive additional instructions for posting your job to your schedule through our OCR job board.
During the Employer Select Period you can view applicants and change their status to Invited, Alternate or Not Selected.
- Log in to NYU CareerNet and select a Schedule
- Click the Applicants tab
- Select the students you would like to invite to interview
- Use the Change Status To drop-down menu to select Invited or Alternate
- All remaining students will automatically be changed to Not Invited after your deadline.
Please contact the Recruitment Team immediately if you miss the preselect deadline or if you experience difficulty entering your candidate selections.
Please check in at the OCR desk when you arrive for your interviews. We will provide you with your interview schedule and resumes for the day, and escort you to your assigned room. Please be prepared to show a photo ID at the security desk.
We require that all employers honor all offers made as is and that no conditions be placed on the offer. Pressure to accept early makes it difficult for us to enforce our strict policies against students reneging on job offers. Please refrain from pressuring students on acceptances and understand the necessity of letting candidates make an informed decision resulting in truly committed employees. Exploding offers and special incentives such as diminishing bonuses and location preference should not be held out to induce a student to accept an offer early.
- We ask employers to give students three weeks to decide about job offer. If a summer internship is converted to a full-time offer, students have until October 5, 2015 to decide.
If you do not abide by the OCR offer policies, your ability to request interview and presentation dates for the following semester will be impacted.
Employers must give students 72 hours notice to schedule their interview. This allows sufficient time to rearrange first round interviews.
- Students in the class of 2017 are eligible for full-time OCR.
- Students in the class of 2018 are eligible for summer internship OCR.
Visit NYU Academics for detailed information about schools and majors.
Any interview schedule or presentation date that is cancelled less than 10 business days prior to the actual interview date will incur a $200 cancellation fee.
Presentation room and conference room rental fees can be found here.
- Sep 6: Fall term classes begin
- Sep 8: Full-time interviews begin; Presentations begin (full-time and internship)
- Oct 2-4: Rosh Hashanah (no events/interviews)
- Oct 10: Fall Recess (no events/interviews)
- Oct 12: Yom Kippur (no events/interviews)
- Oct 13: Internship interviews begin
- Dec 16: Last day of fall term classes
- Jan 23: Spring term classes begin; Recruitment recommences
- Resume Collect: After you post your job and receive resumes, you may coordinate the interviews, which are held at your office or another location off-campus. A room at NYU is not reserved for interviews.
- Room Reservation Only: An interview room is reserved for your use all day. No position is attached to this reservation, and you manage the interview schedule. This option is free of charge. Please note, this option may only be used to interview current NYU students.