Create an NYU CareerNet Account
- Click Register in the Student/Alumni Login NYU CareerNet box.
- You will need your N number (unique identifier that replaced the SSN) to create a NYU CareerNet account. An N number is an eight-digit number, beginning with the number 1, which can be found on your NYU ID card. If you do not know your N number, please contact the Wasserman Center.
- Complete the required fields and click Submit. You will receive a confirmation email to validate your email address.
- Once your email address has been validated, it will take 1-3 business days for your account to be approved, at which time you will receive an email with your login information.
Update Profile Information
- Access the My Account tab on the left toolbar.
- Complete all fields in the Personal and Academic tabs correctly. If any of this information is missing, it may impact your ability to apply to different jobs.
- Select Alumni for both the Year in School and the Student/Alumni sections if you graduated more than one year ago.
- For example, if the current date is Feb 2015 and you graduated in May 2013, you will select Alumni, but if you graduated in Feb 2014, you will select Current Student.
- Sign the electronic honor code.
- Always be up-to-date, truthful and accurate with your profile information and don’t forget to click Save within tabs.
Schedule a Career Coaching Appointment
- Under Shortcuts on the right side of the Home page, select Request a Career Coaching Appointment.
- Complete the Scheduling Criteria and click Submit Request.
- You will receive an email confirming your request was received, followed by a confirmation of your scheduled appointment from your career coach.
- Select Documents tab from left toolbar.
- You can store up to 20 documents. Click + Add New button.
- Label your document and select the corresponding document type (resume, cover letter, unofficial transcript). Keep in mind that the employer can see the title of your document.
- Remember, all documents must be uploaded in .doc format.
- Select Submit.
- To upload an unofficial transcript, copy and paste information from Albert into a word document and upload it as you would any other document.
Apply to Jobs
- Select Jobs from the left toolbar, followed by NYU CareerNet/OCR Jobs.
- Add any Keywords you would like and click Search or select Advanced Search.
- Select the type of jobs you are looking for (part-time, full-time, etc.) from the corresponding drop-down menus.
- Select the job title and Apply button, then select documents from corresponding drop down menus and click Submit.
RSVP for Events
- Select Events from the left toolbar.
- Select Seminars.
- Select a date range or type a seminar name in Keywords.
- Click RSVP button.