Who is Eligible?
Students are eligible to enroll in an NYU-sponsored Student Health Insurance Plan if they are:
- registered for one or more credits in a degree-granting program at NYU;
- maintaining matriculation (completing certain academic programs and not enrolled in classes);
- students with F-1 or J-1 visa status;
- post-doctoral research trainees/fellows, paid by NYU on stipends (code 542) or paid directly by external sponsors;
- dependents of an insured (spouse/domestic partner and children up until age 26).
Students are eligible to continue their coverage under a school-sponsored plan for a period of 90 days after coverage ends.
- Optional Plans – 2016-2017 (Basic, Comprehensive, GSHIP) (PDF)
Exclusions from Coverage (PDF)
- Students enrolled in the NYU-sponsored Basic, Comprehensive or GSHIP plan should review the Student Health Insurance Guide Book (PDF) or your insurance certificate at www.chpstudent.com/nyu for information about the details of the insurance coverage.
Coverage dates for the Student Health Insurance plans. Learn more...
Preferred Provider Networks
Seeking care from in-network providers ensures maximum benefits and minimal out-of-pocket expenses. Learn more...
Consolidated Health Plans (CHP)
Springfield, MA 01104
Tel: (877) 373-1170
Fax: (413) 214-6482
CHP is the plan administrator of the NYU- sponsored Student Health Insurance Program and can assist students with:
- confirmation of coverage letters
- insurance ID cards
- insurance claims issues
- dependent and continuation option enrollment issues
Student Health Insurance Department
726 Broadway, Suite 346
New York, NY 10003
Tel: (212) 443-1020
Fax: (212) 443-1011
The Student Health Insurance Department can assist students with:
- enrollment issues,
- health insurance waivers,
- unresolved insurance claims issues,