Women's Health is dedicated to help anyone with female, GYN, women’s health, or reproductive concerns. Our team includes board-certified physicians (MDs), nurse practitioners (NPs), registered nurses (RNs) and medical assistants.
You can now schedule a Virtual Care appointment to visit with an SHC provider via Zoom.
Services We Provide
The Women's Health team is dedicated to providing confidential information, examinations, treatment, and information to anyone with female, GYN, women’s health, or reproductive concerns.
During COVID-19, we request that Annual GYN visits and routine STI testing be postponed. All other reasons for visits can be first addressed in a virtual appointment.
- [Temporarily Suspended] Annual GYN visits to review your health history, perform age-appropriate screenings and vaccines, and counsel you about sexual and reproductive health relevant to you
- [Temporarily Suspended] Pap smears for cervical cancer prevention as indicated by your age and personal history
- Visits to help you with birth control, STI testing and treatment, vulvovaginal symptoms, menstrual problems, pregnancy assessment and referral, breast concerns, etc. (on a routine or as-needed/focused basis)
- Sexual assault assessment and care, in conjunction with the Wellness Exchange
- [Temporarily Suspended] On-site procedures including IUD/implant insertion and removal, colposcopy, and others
- Procedures are performed at the Manhattan SHC only and in conjunction with providers in Primary Care.
- [Temporarily Suspended] HIV testing, vaccinations, pregnancy testing are routinely available to you
Many services are at no cost to you. Others are billed to insurance and you may be responsible for a portion of the fee based on your insurance carrier.
Nurse-led Educational Workshops
[Temporarily Suspended] Our RNs offer one-on-one workshops on a variety of topics including:
- Contraceptive Options
- Gynecological Exams: Including topics like– What to Expect and What is a Pap smear?
- Preventing Sexually Transmitted Infections
- Breast Self-Exam
- And more
Workshops are available throughout the week by appointment. You can make an appointment online or call (212) 443-1166 and ask for a nurse appointment for a workshop.