July Dates

summer in nyc

Please note: as communications are launched, information on this page will be "ungrayed" and links will be activated. All dates are estimated dates.  For students with international addresses, all communications will be sent to your NYU email address.

July 7

Housing Assignment Update E-mail

Students living on campus will begin to receive updates regarding Fall housing assignment, move-in time, and roommate information.  Note: 90% of students are notified of assignment information in July, while the remaining 10% will be notified in August on a rolling basis.

For questions about your housing assignment, please call the Office of Residential Life and Housing Services at 212-998-4600 or send an email to housing@nyu.edu.

July 10

Commuter Overnight Retreat Registration Open

Held August 11 & 12, this retreat for students living off-campus, provides an opportunity to meet other commuting students and Commuter Assistants.  Registration closes on July 28.

July 10

Residential Life and Housing Services E-mail

For students who will live on campus this semester, this email contains frequently asked questions and answers regarding Residential Life and Housing Services, on campus dining, as well as helpful information to help you prepare for moving-in, mailing packages, and other helpful resources.

July 10

Meal Plan Changes

Meal plan changes can be made online beginning 12:00noon (EST) by going to https://housing.nyu.edu/mealplans. For dining hall and meal plan information please refer to the NYU Dining website.

July 10-12

Residence Hall Orientation Series

Join Residential Life staff for an orientation to your new home. During these 60 minute live webinars, your Residence Hall Director will present information about the residence hall and provide useful tips to help you prepare for move-in day and a successful year living at NYU. There will also be an interactive question and answer period following the presentation.  All times are Eastern Daylight Time:

Presentation Dates and Times by Hall (click to register)

  • Monday, July 10
    1pm - Brittany Hall
    3pm - Founders Hall
    6pm - Lipton Hall
  • Tuesday, July 11
    ​1pm - Rubin Hall
    3pm - 3rd North
    6pm - Weinstein Hall
  • Wednesday, July 12
    1pm - Othmer and Clark Hall
    3pm - University Hall
    6pm - Goddard Hall
  • Wednesday, August 16
    3pm - Greenwich Hall

July 11 (note new date)

Airport Shuttles

The Department of Public Safety, in partnership with SuperShuttle, provides shuttle services from LaGuardia and JFK International airports to to NYU Residence Halls or the Kimmel Center.  Service is also open to family members. Reservation deadline is August 17.

July 18

Fall Semester Bill Notification E-mail

Students should visit eSuite in Albert (NYU's online student information system) to view and pay the fall semester bill and to invite others (e.g. parents, guardians) to be authorized payers. 

July 25

Global Education at NYU Email

Contains information about the options available to students related to Study Away and other travel programs.