It can be challenging trying to be a parent and a student at the same time. Just by being a parent and a student, you have already proven that nothing is unreachable, and that you have great strength and determination. Below you will find a number of resources that may be helpful to you as you balance both these roles.
New York City
Find childcare programs and resources available to you as a resident of New York City. Click here for more information
Carebridge offers Master's level consultants to assist graduate students who are parents to:
- Better understand your early education and school-age care options
- Develop a childcare plan that works for you and your family
- Understand what constitutes quality early childhood education and out-of-school care
- Research and identify vacancies in the NYC-metropolitan area for regular full and part-time care
- for your child(ren) from newborn through school-age
- Identify and select services for your children before and after school, during school holidays and vacation weeks
- Establish a back-up care plan and identify options for emergency and sick child care
- Personalized Consultation and Referrals
What consultants do:
- Intitial phone consultation
- Discuss your specific needs, questions and concerns
- Help you to develop a plan to resolve your issues
- Send you high quality educational materials that address your questions and help you make sound decisions
- Provide referral for childcare for children infant through school-age
- Conduct a personalized search for programs and services to meet your needs
- Follow-up with you to determine if you have any additional questions or need other assistance
- You may call upon the expertise of the program as many times as you need until your questions are answered or your problems are resolved. The information and referral services are provided by NYU at no cost to you, however, there may be fee associated with the services referred to you.
For questions, contact Carebridge at 800-437-0911 or email email@example.com.