NYU CMEP enhances the NYU experience by fostering a more inclusive, aware and socially just community. CMEP accomplishes this by:
- Fostering DIALOGUE that explores issues of identity, diversity and social justice.
- Supporting the diverse NYU COMMUNITY in their personal, professional and academic lives.
- Creating educational initiatives and campus-wide programming that ENGAGE the NYU community.
- Cultivating allies and advocates to create and promote positive CHANGE.
Now Trending with NYU CMEP
Parents of Students of Color Welcome
If you couldn't join us for the Parents of Students of Color Welcome, no worries! Watch the entire program below for vital information on resources that are available for students of color and international students across the university.
Great news! CMEP's expansion is nearly complete and the newly renovated lounge space will be open in time for Welcome Week. Our staff has moved back to the 8th floor and welcome visitors to come check out the new space!
Save-the-date for CMEP's official Open House & Ribbon Cutting Ceremony on September 27th. More details to come soon.
Get Ready for Welcome Week with CMEP!
August 28, 2016 - September 16, 2016
During Welcome Week, the Center for Multicultural Education and Programs is hosting a series of events to meet new friends and reunite with old ones, find resources related to social justice and diversity, and engage in critical dialogues. We will also be opening our new and redesigned lounge space on the 8th floor of the Kimmel Center!
A Few Of Our Exciting Events:
- International Student Welcome
- The Power of Spoken Justice: Poetry Workshop
- FIRST! First-Generation College Student Mixer
- NYU Portraits
- Student of Color and Allies Welcome Party
- LGBTQ Students of Color Welcome
- Carefree Black Girl Social
- Precious Knowledge Film Screening
- Morning Mixers: Breakfast with CMEP
For more information about the full list of programs, check out NYU Fall Welcome Week Guidebook. If you have any questions about CMEP's Welcome Week events, please email Gadise Regassa at firstname.lastname@example.org.