In accordance with applicable federal, state, and city disability laws, New York University will review your request for housing accommodations.
Housing accommodations are determined on a case-by-case basis, taking the student’s documented disability-related need and prevailing standards for reasonable accommodations into consideration. New York University has established the following procedures to ensure that students with disabilities have equal access to New York University’s housing resources:
Requesting Housing Accommodations
Read the appropriate informational packet:
Submit the Request for Reasonable Housing Accommodations.
Ensure the following forms are complete:
- Authorization of Release of Information form.
- Certification of Disability (COD) form. Your healthcare provider should complete the COD form, or provide other supporting documentation. Please note: Moses CSA does not accept letters from online ESA (Emotional Support Animal) providers.
After submitting your application you will receive a confirmation email, which contains an upload link. Please use this link to upload completed forms and any additional documentation.
Information provided to the Moses CSA is kept confidential and will only be shared in the Student Health Center as necessary to evaluate the request.
Your request and supporting documentation will be reviewed by a committee consisting of representatives from the Moses Center. The committee meets weekly. Decisions will be emailed to the student's NYU email address within two business days after the committee meeting.
- Please be aware that requesting a housing accommodation is a different process from requesting an academic accommodation.
- Housing accommodation must be requested for each academic year. Exceptions will be handled on a case-by-case basis.
- Your application will not be reviewed without disability documentation and/or a personal statement. Submitting current documentation is strongly recommended.