“It is literally true that you can succeed best and quickest by helping others to succeed." - Napoleon Hill
Information Assistants are the first point of contact for any student entering the ULC seeking assistance. IAs manage the flow of traffic at our two locations, matching students with an appropriate Learning Assistant and keeping track of learning sessions. They also provide students with information about other relevant workshops and programs provided by the ULC, and lead our Marketing and Social Media Team. Daily tasks include greeting students, data entry, answering phones, and general administrative duties.
- Currently enrolled as a full-time matriculated student in good academic standing at the College of Arts & Science.
- Two recommendations. The recommendations can be from an NYU Professor, NYU administrator (adviser, dean’s office, etc.) or a supervisor from a part-time job who can speak to your character and the qualities required of a potential ULC Information Assistant.
- Comfortable working in a collaborative group environment.
- Must have excellent communication, problem-solving and organizational skills.
- Must be comfortable with Excel and Google Docs and/or willing to learn.
Pay begins at $13.50 for all qualified Information Assistants.
Timeline for Fall 2017 applicants:
- March 12, 2017: Online applications available and accepted on a rolling basis.
- March 31, 2017: Online application and resume priority deadline. Applications submitted through April 15 may continue to be reviewed on a rolling basis. After that date, applications may still be submitted but might not be reviewed or responded to.
- May 1, 2017: Scheduling grid submission deadline.
- May 19, 2017: All references must be received by the University Learning Center. (See Application instructions for further details.)
- Selected candidates will be invited for an interview through May 2017. We encourage you to apply early.
- Part 1: Complete and submit the online application form according to the timeline above.
- Part 2: Resume -- Submit as an email attachment to University.Learning.Center@nyu.edu according to the timeline above.
- Part 3: Download the Scheduling Grid and send the completed form to University.Learning.Center@nyu.edu as an attachment, according to the timeline above.
- Part 4: References - Two required. One must be from a professor at NYU; the second reference could also be from a professor, but can be an NYU administrator or a supervisor from a part-time job who can speak to your qualities as a candidate for the ULC Information Assistant position. References should NOT be from relatives. Please use these guidelines and instructions, as well as your judgment, in deciding who you will ask for references. The ULC will NOT answer questions about who you should ask to be your reference.
- Please copy and paste this link and email it to your recommenders. Please remember to note whether or not you have waived your right to see their recommendation in your email.
Select candidates will be invited for an interview.