The diversity of academic opportunity at NYU is extraordinary – and might at times be overwhelming to undergraduate students who are just beginning their journeys, or who are thinking about changing paths. Academic Advisement at the Academic Resource Center provides an opportunity for students to start a conversation with advisors outside of their main programs and to begin to explore the areas beyond their primary focus. For example, a Stern student might talk to a Tisch advisor about opportunities through the Open Arts curriculum, while Tisch student might talk to a CAS advisor about liberal arts courses. Students can discuss the Social Work minor in further depth, or explore other cross-school opportunities.
Throughout the year, Academic Advisors from across the University and from various programs will be present in the ARC for walk-in advising and information sessions. Check our calendar for our programs and events, or drop by for a walk-in advising session!
No appointments are needed – students can simply sign-in at our SMART Bar and a SMART Aide, our “academic concierge”, at the front desk of the Academic Resource Center will assist them in checking in to see the advisor on duty.
During the summer there will be limited walk-in advising hours. Please see below for our weekly schedule.
The full cross-school advising walk-in schedule will be released in late summer. Visiting advisors will resume walk-in advising duirng the first week of the fall 2016 semester.
Fall 2016 Advising Hours
|CAMS (Minor in Child & Adolescent Mental Health)||Thursdays, 12pm - 1:30pm|
|College of Arts & Science||Wednesdays, 9am - 11am|
|College or Arts & Science - BA/MA||
Fridays, 11am - 12pm
College of Arts & Science - Preprofessional Advising
|Fridays, 12pm - 1pm|
|College of Nursing||Tuesdays, 9:30am - 10:30am|
|Gallatin School of Individualized Study||Fridays, 10am - 12pm|
|Global Programs (Study Away)||Tuesdays, 12pm - 2pm|
|Silver School of Social Work||Thursdays, 4pm - 5pm|
|Steinhardt School of Culture, Education and Human Development||Thursdays, 1:30pm - 3:30pm|
|Stern School of Business||Thursdays, 9:30am - 12pm|
|Tandon School of Engineering||Tuesdays, 3pm - 5pm|
|Tisch School of the Arts||Fridays, 1:30pm - 3pm|
|University Programs/Visiting Students||
Mondays, 2pm - 4pm
Tuesdays, 10am - 12pm
Wednesdays, 4pm - 6pm
Thursdays, 10am - 12pm
|Wasserman Center for Career Advisement||Tuesdays, 5pm - 6pm|
- Brittany Aranowitz, Tandon School of Engineering
- Emily Badin, CAMS (Minor in Child and Adolescent Mental Health Studies)
- Belkis Baez, Steinhardt School of Culture, Education, and Human Development
- Kristen Bush, College of Arts & Science
- Michael Campbell, Tandon School of Engineering
- Patricia Decker, Tisch School of the Arts
- Soomie Han, College of Arts & Science
- Juan Iturralde, School of Social Work
- Annie Le, College of Nursing
- Anna Ortega Chavolla, Opportunity Programs, CSTEP, Step & Best
- Melinda Parham, Tandon School of Engineering
- Shannon Riley, University Programs & Visiting students
- Susmita Saha, College of Nursing
- Gracy Sarkissian, Wasserman Center for Career Development
- Tassamai Sawetpibul, Tandon School of Engineering
- Joshua Shirkey, Gallatin School of Individualized Study
- Brendan Sullivan , College of Arts & Science, BA/MA Programs
- Mary-Grace Tomecki, Stern Undergraduate School of Business
- Fatiah Touray, College of Arts & Science
- Richard Toth, Tandon School of Engineering
- Claudine-Lonje Williams, College of Arts & Science
Global Programs - Study Away
Advisors from Global Programs will be available for walk-in hours at the ARC to help you discover unparalleled opportunities available throughout NYU's global network. Students can stop by for information about the Global academic centers, and then work with their school academic advisors to plan their curriculum and make sure they are meeting their graduation requirements.
Study Away Weekly General Information Sessions at the ARC
Every Friday during the academic year, representatives from NYU Global Programs provide you with details about NYU's Global Academic Centers in Abu Dhabi, Accra, Berlin, Buenos Aires, Florence, London, Madrid, Paris, Prague, Shanghai, Sydney, Tel Aviv and Washington DC as well as a brief overview of summer study abroad programs, exchanges, and school-specific study abroad programs.
Click here for more info and to RSVP for one of the following weekly Friday sessions:
You can also visit the Office of Global Programs at their location in UHall, 110 East 14th Street, Lower Level.