Congratulations on your acceptance to the New York University Silver School of Social Work. The information that follows is designed to make your registration process as simple as possible. Our registration system is online-only, so please familiarize yourself with it, as you will be using it every semester. If you have any questions after reading the information below, please call Social Work Registration Services at 212-998-5960.
If you have not already done so, please activate your NYUHome account. Once you have activated your account, you can return to this site to learn the registration process.
May 20th: Fall 2013 registration begins at 9:00am.
September 3rd: Fall 2013 classes begin.
September 16th: Waitlists deadline.
September 16th: End of the Fall 2013 add/drop period.
To complete your Fall 2013 Registration:
- Consult the curriculum guide [PDF] to get a list of courses you should be taking this semester. If you have questions about taking courses out of sequence, please contact your academic advisor.
- Once you know the courses you will be taking, you can look up times and days they are offered on ALBERT, which is accessible through NYUHome. Use the "COURSE STATUS" function. If you are unfamiliar with ALBERT a short, printable guide is available here [PDF].
- Use the CLASS NUMBER listed on the COURSE STATUS page to register on the Register screen.
- Click here if you will be working in the field this semester for credit toward your MSW degree.
- Confirm your schedule using the STUDENT SCHEDULE option on ALBERT.
- If you are closed out of your first-choice section of a course, the most important thing to do is immediately sign up for an open section that you can attend. Once you have done so, call the University Registration Helpline at (212) 998-4290 if you wish to waitlist yourself for the preferred section.
- Please use printed schedules as rough guides only. The most updated information is always available on ALBERT.