How to Apply
PHD Requirements for Admissions
Admission to the Ph.D. program at the Silver School of Social Work is granted on a highly selective basis determined by the quality of the total application. Requirements for admission to the program include:
- MSW degree with a graduate grade point average of 3.0 or higher, based on a 4 point scale.
- Bachelor's degree with an undergraduate grade point average of 3.0 or higher, based on a 4 point scale.
- Competitive scores on the Graduate Record Exam (GRE).
- Acceptable scores on the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) for applicants whose first language is not English.
- A well-written and compelling statement of research interest.
- Three outstanding recommendations.
Note that post-MSW practice experience is not a requirement, but at least three years of experience is recommended.