This application packet includes the following materials:
- Application for the PhD Program
- Guidelines for the Statement of Research Interest
- Professional Reference Forms
- Application Checklist
- In addition to completing the required forms, you must arrange for official transcripts covering all undergraduate and graduate work to be mailed directly to the address listed below. If degree work is incomplete at the time of application, a supplemental transcript should be sent when final grades and award of the degree are recorded.
- Upload a current curriculum vitae/résumé with your online application.
- Take the Graduate Record Examination (GRE) at a certified testing center. To speed processing, you may send copies of your score reports to our office with your application materials. However, an official score report is still required. Please be sure to indicate the date you took or expect to take the test. The School's GRE code is 2506.
- Applicants whose first language is not English must also submit scores for the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL). The School code for these tests is 2506.
- Pay a non-refundable application fee of $75.00 (USD) online, as part of your online application, using your credit/debit card. Cash payments will not be accepted.
- The completed online application and all supporting materials (submitted electronically except for GRE scores and official transcripts) must be received no later than 5:00pm (17:00h) Eastern Standard Times on January 11, 2013 in order for your application to be considered.
Any non-electronic application materials, such as GRE scores and official transcripts, should be mailed or delivered to:
New York University
Silver School of Social Work
Admissions and Enrollment Services Office
Attn: PhD Admissions
1 Washington Square North
New York, NY 10003-6654
Mr. Michael McCaw
Assistant Director, Ph.D. Program
Professor Vincent Guilamo-Ramos, Ph.D.
Director, Ph.D. Program