Take Charge of Your Health Today!
Registration for this event is closed.
This event has already occurred.
"Take Charge of Your Health Today" is a community health forum, sponsored by New York University and VillageCare. The forum will take place on Thursday, June 14 from 9:30 AM to 12 PM at NYU's Global Center for Academic & Spiritual Life, 238 Thompson St., 5th Floor. The event is free and open to the public.
A panel of expert health professionals will address important health issues in today's complex environment. Dr. Max Gomez, CBS Emmy award-winning medical reporter, will moderate the panel. Elizabeth Butson, VillageCare board member, is the event's Chairperson, and The Villager is the media sponsor.
Among the key issues to be addressed are:
- Where to get help in setting and maintaining realistic goals for fitness and health
- How to improve communication between patient & health provider and patient & health insurance company
- What resources are available in the community to help manage chronic illness
- How best to handle and get counsel on age-related health issues
- How to be your own best health advocate
Among the distinguished panelists who will address these issues as well as questions from the audience are:
- Tara A. Cortes, PhD, RN, FAAN Executive Director; NYU College of Nursing, Hartford Institute for Geriatric Nursing
- Connie Sixta, RN, PhD, MBA, Consultant
- Kenneth Stewart, M.Div., LMSW, Program Director, VillageCare Health Home
- Dr. Jonathan Whiteson, M.D., NYU Langone Medical Center, Rusk Rehabilitation
Complimentary refreshments and health information materials will be provided.
PLEASE RSVP BY CLICKING "RSVP NOW" IN THE UPPER RIGHT-HAND CORNER - OR CALL THE NYU OFFICE OF CIVIC ENGAGEMENT AT 212-992-7323.