About the CmC
The NYU Reynolds Program invites all NYU undergraduate students who want to change the world to participate in the Changemaker Challenge (CmC) . The CmC is an opportunity for NYU undergraduate students to fulfill their visions of sustainable and scalable social change. Through a comprehensive array of workshops and resources, students establish non-profits, for-profits or hybrid organizations that bring about positive social impact in communities across the country and around the world. Selected teams are awarded $1000 seed grants as well as additional support from Reynolds, and one team is awarded a grand prize of up to $10,000, a host of Reynolds-sponsored resources and the title of "The NYU Reynolds Best Overall Venture."
Who is Eligible?
- All NYU NYC undergraduate students who are enrolled in a full-time program, in good academic standing , and will remain at the NYC campus for the full fall semester.
- NYU undergraduate students who are passionate, ethical and committed to empowering others and making a positive, social impact.
Note: Teams must contain a minimum of two students.
What Types of Ventures May Receive Funding? 
- Ventures may be any student-created, student-led organization, program or business that benefits a community and has a measurable, positive, social impact.
- Ventures may be for profit, non-profit or anything in between.
- Ventures must be sustainable, scalable, credible, ethical, and must contain clear and attainable goals.
- Ventures must be completely new initiatives or a major new initiative of an existing organization.
How Does it Work?
- Attend an Information Session - Any interested students should attend an Information Session in September and the Kickoff Workshop (click here for specific dates/times).
- Submit an Executive Summary - In order to apply, teams must submit an Executive Summary that outlines the venture idea. Teams must adhere to the Executive Summary Guidelines in order to be eligible. Click here for Guidelines and check out a sample Executive Summary from the 2013 CmC Winners here.
- Submit a Business Plan - All teams that submit a valid executive summary will be invited to create an in-depth business plan.
- Pitch the Idea - Up to five teams that submit business plans will be invited to pitch their venture idea to a selection panel. Selected teams will receive seed grants of up to $1,000 each and one grand prize winner will be awarded up to $10,000 in capital, Reynolds-sponsored resources, and the title of "The NYU Reynolds CmC Best Overall Venture."
 Good academic standing is defined as having a cumulative grade point average of 2.0 or greater. The Reynolds Program staff reserves the right to disqualify any applicant who does not meet the minimum grade requirement and/or is ineligible to be enrolled at NYU as a result of a disciplinary action. Students who have pending criminal action against them are not eligible to compete as finalists.
 The Changemaker Challenge was previously known as the NYU Reynolds/Youth Venture Be a Changemaker Challenge (BACC). Please note that some guidelines and rules have changed. The application process and requirements for the Reynolds Undergraduate Scholarship and the Reynolds Business Plan are different. For information about applying to the NYU Reynolds Program Undergraduate Scholarship please visit here.
 Teams who receive significant concern and conditions from their judges may not be eligible for funding, although opportunity will be given to bring ventures up to par in order to be eligible.