About the CmC
The NYU Reynolds Program invites all NYU undergraduate students who want to change the world to participate in the Changemaker Challenge (CmC). The CmC is an opportunity for NYU undergraduate students to fulfill their visions of sustainable and scalable social change. Through a comprehensive array of workshops and resources, students establish non-profits, for-profits or hybrid organizations that bring about positive social impact in communities across the country and around the world. Selected teams are awarded $1000 seed grants as well as additional support from Reynolds, and one team is awarded a grand prize of up to $10,000, a host of Reynolds-sponsored resources and the title of “The NYU Reynolds Best Overall Venture.”
Who is Eligible:
- Any NYU undergraduate student who is passionate, ethical and committed to empowering others and making a positive, social impact.
- All NYU undergraduate students who are enrolled in a full-time program and in good academic standing.*
- Teams must contain a minimum of two students and the team leader must be an NYU undergraduate student.
What Types of Ventures May Receive Funding:
- Ventures may be any student-created, student-led organization, program or business that benefits a community and has a measurable, positive, social impact.
- Ventures may be for profit, non-profit or anything in between.
- Ventures must be sustainable, scalable, credible, ethical, and must contain clear and attainable goals.
- Ventures must be completely new initiatives or a major new initiative of an existing organization.
How Does it Work:
- Attend an Information Session - Any interested students should attend an Information Session in September and the Kickoff Workshop in October (click here for specific dates/times).
- Submit an Executive Summary - In order to apply, teams must submit an Executive Summary that outlines the venture idea. Teams must adhere to the Executive Summary Guidelines in order to be eligible. Click here for Guidelines and check out a sample Executive Summary from the 2013 CmC Winners here.
- Submit a Business Plan - All teams that submit a valid executive summary will be invited to create an in-depth business plan.
- Pitch the Idea - Up to ten teams that submit business plans will be invited to pitch their venture idea to a selection panel. The top selected teams will receive seed grants of up to $1,000 each and will be invited to pitch the idea a second time for a chance to be awarded up to $10,000 in capital, Reynolds-sponsored resources, and the title of "The NYU Reynolds CmC Best Overall Venture." (Note: The CmC runs from September to April and additional workshops and meetings are required. Please refer to the CmC timeline for details.)
- RSVP to one of the info sessions listed here. The Reynolds team looks forward to seeing you there!
*Good academic standing is defined as having a cumulative grade point average of 2.0 or greater. The Reynolds Program staff reserves the right to disqualify any applicant who does not meet the minimum grade requirement and/or is ineligible to be enrolled at NYU as a result of a disciplinary action. Students who have pending criminal action against them are not eligible to compete as finalists.