About the Changemaker Challenge (CmC)
The NYU Reynolds Program invites all NYU undergraduate students who want to change the world to participate in the Changemaker Challenge (CmC) for a chance to win one of ten $1,000 (maximum) seed grants and a grand prize of up to $10,000 to help fund a new social venture.
Who is Eligible:
- Any NYU undergraduate student who is passionate, ethical and committed to empowering others and making a positive, social impact.
- All NYU undergraduate students who are enrolled in a full-time program and in good academic standing.*
- Teams must contain a minimum of two students; however there is no limit to the number of participants per team. The team leader must be an NYU undergraduate student.
What Types of Ventures May Receive Funding:
- Ventures may be any student-created, student-led organization, program or business that benefits a community and has a measurable, positive, social impact.
- Ventures may be for profit, non-profit or anything in between.
- Ventures must be sustainable, scalable, credible, ethical, and must contain clear and attainable goals.
- Ventures must be completely new initiatives or a major new initiative of an existing organization.
How Does it Work:
- Attend an Information Session - Any interested students should attend an Information Session in September and the Kickoff Workshop in October (click here for specific dates/times).
- Submit an Executive Summary - In order to apply, teams must submit a one-page executive summary that outlines the venture idea. Teams must adhere to the Executive Summary Guidelines in order to be eligible. See Guidelines here.
- Submit a Business Plan - All teams that submit a valid executive summary will be invited to create an in-depth business plan.
- Pitch the Idea - Up to ten teams that submit business plans will be invited to pitch their venture idea to a selection panel. The top selected teams will receive seed grants of up to $1,000 each and will be invited to pitch the idea a second time for a chance to be awarded up to $10,000 in capital, Reynolds-sponsored resources, and the title of "The NYU Reynolds CmC Best Overall Venture." (Note: The CmC runs from September to April and additional workshops and meetings are required. Please refer to the 2012-13 CmC timeline for details.)
- RSVP to one of the info sessions listed here. The Reynolds team looks forward to seeing you there!
*Good academic standing is defined as having a cumulative grade point average of 2.0 or greater. The Reynolds Program staff reserves the right to disqualify any applicant who does not meet the minimum grade requirement and/or is ineligible to be enrolled at NYU as a result of a disciplinary action. Students who have pending criminal action against them are not eligible to compete as finalists.