Updated Sept. 10, 2015
OMB Uniform Guidance
In preparation for the implementation of the Uniform Guidance on December 26, 2014, NYU's Office of Sponsored Programs (pre-award) and Sponsored Programs Administration (post-award) have established working groups comprised of administrators from NYU's research administration and finance cores partnered with representatives from the colleges and schools who have volunteered their time and expertise to review and assess each of the sub parts and appendices. The groups are responsible for:
- determining the impact of the new regulations to existing policy, process and systems;
- identifying opportunities to streamline process with the goal of reducing administrative burden to faculty and researchers;
- revising policies where needed; and
- creating new training materials to ensure broad communication of the changes.
A list of working group members, work plans including NYU's implementation timeline and resource materials are available by following the links below and on the Podio share site maintained by the Office of Sponsored Programs.
To access the site we've established for project management, contact Dennis Rodriguez, IT manager at eResearch.firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Uniform Guidance
- Technical Corrections to the Uniform Guidance - Sept. 10, 2015
- FAQs presented by the COFAR on OMB’s Uniform Guidance at 2 CFR 200 - Sept. 2015
- 2 CFR 200, Uniform Guidance (Uniform Administrative Requirements, Cost Principles, and Audit Requirements for Federal Awards) - March 12, 2015
- Uniform Guidance including technical corrections - March 12, 2015
NYU's Implementation of the Uniform Guidance
What NYU Faculty and Administrators Need to Know About the Uniform Guidance (December 1, 2014)
Uniform Guidance Workplan (Draft 4-7-14)
Council on Governmental Relations (COGR)
Implementation and Readiness Guide for the OMB Uniform Guidance (December 12, 2014)
COGR Guide to the Uniform Guidance - Version 2 (September 17, 2014)
COGR's response to the NSF implementation in the NSF PAPPG (July 1, 2014)
Proposed FAQs with answers to OMB (June 26, 2014)
Procurement and Fringe Benefits implementation request to OMB (June 17, 2014)
COGR/FDP White Paper on the Uniform Guidance (June 6, 2014)
COGR Guide to the Uniform Guidancee - Version 1 (April 24, 2014)
COGR Preliminary Assessment - OMB Uniform Administrative Requirements (January 14, 2014)
If you have any questions or wish to contribute to the project, please contact Nancy Daneau, Director, Office of Sponsored Programs at email@example.com or 212-998-2015 or Joanne Goldstein, Assistant Controller, Sponsored Programs Administration at firstname.lastname@example.org or 212-998-2704.
Council on Financial Assistance Reform (COFAR)
Dear Colleagues Note from the COFAR (November 26, 2014)
COFAR announces new FAQ's for the Uniform Guidance (August 29, 2014)