Conflict of Interest (COI)
- Click to view the Policy on Academic Conflict of Interest and Conflict of Commitment or download the full PDF of this policy here.
- View the Addendum on Conflicts of Interest in Research and Other Sponsored Projects in the full PDF of this policy.
- View May 23, 2014 memo re: implementation of COI system.
- Open a browser and type https://coi.nyu.edu in the address bar. OR
- Log in to NYU Home access the “WORK” tab and under “Administrative Systems” select “Conflict of Interest”. OR
- Browse to the Office of Academic Appointments home page at http://www.nyu.edu/oaa and under “Conflict of Interest Annual Disclosure Form” select the “Click here” to be taken directly to the site. OR
- In SP, navigate to the Conflict of Interest tab and click on https://coi.nyu.edu.
Open a new browser tab and try to log in again. If you still receive the same error please forward a screenshot of the error to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Send an email to COI.OAA@NYU.EDU requesting access to the site, someone at the Office of Academic Appointments will set up your account.
Once the account is set up you will receive an email notifying you that you will need to complete an Annual Disclosure.
- For annual certifications contact the Office of Academic Appointments at COI.OAA@NYU.EDU.
- For research certifications contact the Department Administrator (DA) or Principal Investigator (PI) responsible for the specific research project.
Either the PI or DA will need to create a research certification for all Investigators involved in the project.
Step 1: Log in to the site.
Step 2: On the left hand side select “Create Research Certification”.
Step 3: Enter all information requested:
- Cayuse Proposal Number – eg. 14-0000
- Proposal Title
- Proposal Type
- Select Add to enter all Investigators involved in the project
Step 4: Hit OK.
Step 5: All Investigators will receive an email notifying them that they need to complete their Research Certification.
This question refers to the Conflict of Interest training provided by CITI. You can sign into the system at https://www.citiprogram.org and verify your information. Please enter that date in the COI system to complete the Research Initiated Disclosure.
Email eResearch.email@example.com and request for access.
Email COI.OAA@NYU.EDU with a detailed explanation of the error and provide screen shots whenever possible.
Yes. The PI (or DA) should complete the COI tab in the SP record.
Yes. All NIH grant programs and research and development (R&D) contract programs now interpret the terms "spouse" and “marriage” to include same-sex spouses/marriages. Under this policy, a same-sex relationship between two individuals is recognized as a marriage if (1) the state or other jurisdiction, whether foreign or domestic, where the couple was married recognizes the marriage under its laws or (2) the state or other jurisdiction where the couple currently resides recognizes the relationship as a legally valid marriage.
- If your Certification is in Draft status:
You should be able to make any changes by opening up the certification and selecting "Edit" on the left side of the screen.
- If your Certification is in Dean Review status:
You would need to contact your Dean to have the certification routed back.
- If your certification is in Review Complete status:
You are no longer able to make changes to the current certification and would have to create an update certification. You can create an update certification by selecting my inbox on the top right of the screen, and selecting "Create my Certification" on the left.
Peter Gonzalez, Assistant Provost for Academic Appointments at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (212) 998-2275.