The Office of Sponsored Programs (OSP) and the Contract Office (CO), under the aegis of the Office of the Senior Vice Provost for Research, provide varying levels of support to meet client-specific needs in the development of competitive proposals and management of grant and contract awards for basic and applied research, training and other sponsored activities submitted to and awarded by public and private not-for-profit sponsors.
Core services and functions of the OSP and CO in pre-award research administration at Washington Square:
- Identify potential sources and programs of funding based on matches with faculty expertise and interest;
- Review and interpret guidelines;
- Facilitate the development of budgets and cost proposals;
- Serve as the administrative liaison with extramural sponsors;
- Serve as NYU’s Authorized Organizational Representative; responsible to bind NYU to the submission of proposals including assurances, representations and certifications as well as the negotiation and acceptance of award terms and conditions in the conduct of sponsored programs;
- Facilitate collaborations through the execution of independent consulting agreements for services and subawards for programmatic performance, including subrecipient monitoring;
- Advise investigators on sponsored project administration with a particular focus on the core principles of protecting academic freedom and responsible stewardship;
- Ensure compliance with federal regulatory requirements, NYU, and sponsor-specific policies.