The Office of the Provost invites schools, departments, and individual faculty to request funding support for international events (conferences, workshops, exchanges, etc.), particularly those that will establish research links with one or more of NYU's global institutes and their faculty. These events can be mounted at the institutes or the Square (or both). Proposals for events that would not find ready or obvious support from other sources will be given priority. Please note that the NYU sites in Prague, Florence, and Washington DC are both particularly well-equipped for conferences and larger public events and are able to provide on-the-ground support for such events.
TO APPLY FOR FUNDING OF A RESEARCH INITIATIVE:
- Please note that the GRI program provides funds in support of these events, but does not provide any administrative support for their organization.
- Applications should include a detailed estimated budget for the proposed activity. The requested amount must not include personnel costs.
- For legal reasons, funds provided by this program cannot be used towards personnel or other staff-related costs, nor can they be used to pay honoraria or stipends.
- After the event, a detailed report outlining how funds were used must be provided with supporting receipts. Any unspent funds must be returned to the GRI.
- Events to be held abroad will be scheduled by the GRI office, in coordination with the site. Applications should thus provide a number of possible dates for the proposed activity.