When possible, the Office of the Provost would like to help NYU faculty host researchers from institutions abroad with whom they are collaborating. The hosting unit will normally be responsible for rental costs, although in rare cases the Office of the Provost will subsidize visitors’ travel to New York. This program is designed for visits of medium duration: it is expected that visitors will be at the Square for less than a full semester, but, in most cases, for a minimum of one month. Priority will be given to scholars working in close collaboration with NYU faculty members.
TO APPLY FOR SHORT-TERM INTERNATIONAL VISITOR HOUSING:
To register your interest in inviting an international colleague to come to work with you at NYU for a limited time, please click here.
- In cases of a visitor coming for less than a month, a full month’s rental must be executed, in compliance with New York City law regarding short term rentals.
- The available housing is NOT appropriate for families or visitors traveling with children or pets.
- As apartments tend to be filled to capacity, it is not possible for prospective renters or sponsoring units to view apartments prior to booking.
- The hosting department is responsible for keeping the GRI office updated of the visitor’s arrival and departure information.
- In the event of tenant non-payment, the hosting department will be responsible for the rental cost.
- The hosting department will be held responsible for the cost of any damages made to the apartment after a visitor’s departure.
- Visitors may never sub-lease their apartments.
- These apartments are intended for short-term stays, not as long-term housing solutions.
- While it may be possible to host repeat visitors, priority will be given to first-time visitors.