Faculty Research Initiatives - Closed
Due to restrictions on public events and programming, we are not currently accepting applications for Faculty Research Initiatives for Fiscal Year 2020 (Sep '19 - Aug '20) or Fiscal Year 2021. We are continuing to monitor COVID-19 developments closely and will post an update on our website once we are able to resume this program.
The Office of the Provost invites individual faculty from all schools and departments to request funding from GRI to support international events (conferences, workshops, exchanges, etc.), particularly those that will establish research links with one or more of NYU's global institutes and their faculty. These events can be mounted at the institutes or Washington Square (or both). Proposals for events that would not find ready or obvious support from other sources will be given priority. Please note that the NYU sites in Prague, Florence, and Washington, D.C. are particularly well-equipped for conferences and larger public events and are able to provide on-the-ground support for such events.
- GRI provides funds in support of these events, not administrative support for their organization.
- Applications must include a detailed estimated budget for the proposed activity. The requested amount must not include personnel costs.
- Funds provided by this program cannot be used towards personnel or other staff-related costs, nor can they be used to pay honoraria or stipends.
- First-time applicants will be given priority. Applications for repeating or annual events will be considered on a case by case basis.
- Applications are considered on a rolling basis, however no further funding can be granted once the yearly budget has been allocated (usually towards the end of the spring semester). Please submit your application well in advance of your event.
- A detailed report outlining how funds were used must be provided no later than six weeks after the event, along with supporting receipts. Any unspent funds must be returned to the GRI.
- Events to be held abroad will be scheduled in coordination with the site. Applications should thus provide a number of possible dates for the proposed activity.