New York University Skip to Content Skip to Search Skip to Navigation Skip to Sub Navigation

Enrollment Verification

The Enrollment Verification documents students' enrollment status in the current and past terms. Enrollment certifications are frequently needed to verify eligibility for health insurance coverage or for certain types of financial aid.

NYU has procedures for obtaining enrollment verification documents for students and for third-party requesters.


Student request procedure - Albert

View/print your enrollment certification directly from Albert via the "Request enrollment verification" link in the "My Academics" section of Student Center. Students have 18 months from the time of their last active enrollment to access this feature.

Eligible students are also able to view/print a Good Student Discount Certificate, which can be mailed to an auto insurer or any other company that requests proof of status as a good student (based on cumulative GPA).

For all students whose last active enrollment has been 18 months or more from today, please follow the instructions below to submit a signed letter request.

Polytechnic School of Engineering students, please note: If you were a student before summer 2014 and need the entire history of your enrollment and/or degree verification, you will be unable to do so via National Student Clearinghouse. To obtain verification of your entire academic history, please visit one of our Student Services Centers or request via a signed letter to our Academic Records team (see below). If you need verification of just your current enrollment, you may obtain this through Albert.



Student request procedure - Signed Form

Requesters can mail, fax or email (with attachment) their signed Enrollment Verification Request Form.

  • Email: (include your signed letter as an attachment)
  • Fax: (212) 995-4154
  • Mail: Office of the Registrar

    Academic Records

    P.O. Box 910

    New York, NY 10276-0910

Please allow seven business days for processing from the time the Office of the Registrar is in receipt of your request.



Third-party request procedure

To verify the enrollment or the degree of a New York University student/alumnus, use the EnrollmentVerify service available from the National Student Clearinghouse.

When asked to provide the name of the student's school, enter "New York University." For help with this service, please view the online help guide.

There is a fee for all services that are provided by the National Student Clearinghouse.


NYU Footer

Unless otherwise noted, all content copyright New York University. All rights reserved.
Designed by The Office of Web Communications.