Students in the NYU Paris program have access to some of the finest museums, galleries, theaters, and architectural monuments in the world. Our program features a wide variety of cultural activities that give students an extraordinary opportunity to enhance their experience abroad. Most activities are covered in the cost of tuition and include day trips to places such as Chantilly, Giverny, and Versailles. Special events such as wine and cheese tastings, film screenings, lectures, literary readings, walking tours, and guided museum visits are also scheduled. NYU in Paris organizes outings to theatre, ballet, and opera performances, as well as for special art exhibitions. Weekend excursions are organized to places such as Avignon, Burgandy, Mont-Saint-Michel, and La Rochelle. Most of these trips are subsidized by NYU Paris. Unless required for a course, all activities are optional.
- Bayeux Home of the Bayeux Tapestry, one of the oldest surviving complete tapestries in the world.
- Chateau de Versailles World-famous palace of Louis XIV that served as the symbol of wealth, power and absolute monarchy.
- Chartes Cathedral Just an hour train ride from Paris is the delightful village of Chartres, which features the Chartres Cathedral, one of the finest examples of Gothic architecture in all of Europe.
- Giverny Monet’s home for 43 years, which served as his inspiration for many of his famous works, including his Les Nympheas (The Waterlilies). Loire Valley – Known for its world-famous chateaux such as the Châteaux d'Amboise, Château de Chambord, Château de Villandry and over 300 others. Mont St-Michel - Quaint town built on a tidal island.
- Versailles Visit the Palace of King Louis XV and Marie Antoinette and site of the French Revolution. The palace is amazing and takes a lot of time to see. For a different perspective look into bike tours given by a company called Fat Tire Bike Tours. Some past students took a tour around the Versailles Gardens, which included a great picnic lunch on the green. The tour was said to be fun and informative.