Using NYU Classes
For All Users
- My Workspace - This area allows users to store profile information, resources, and view updates across all NYU Classes course sites.
- Connections - Create connections with other NYU Classes users!
- Email archive- Keep track of all incoming and outgoing messages sent from a course site.
- Permission Levels - Customize permission levels for collaboration and content contribution within a course site.
- File Drop - Private file sharing and storage between a course instructor and students.
- Calendar and Assignment integration - Opportunity to auto-publish important assignment dates to course site calendar.
- News/RSS Feed - Incorporate an RSS feeds of your choice to help your group stay informed.
What Content Comes Over From Blackboard?
Blackboard content from summer 2011 through fall 2012 has been automatically moved into NYU Classes. Content from Fall 2012 will be moved in early January. Content from Blackboard course sites older than summer 2011 is available upon request though
Instructor generated content from three main Blackboard content areas will be moved into the new system:
- Announcements come over in draft form.
- Content Areas, such as folders, files, assignments, and external links are all transitioned to your NYU Classes Resources folder.
- Test & Survey Manager questions, such as essay, fill in the blank, multiple choice, multiple answer, and matching all transition over into NYU Classes
Need More Help?