- Serious intent to pursue a career in the entertainment or media industries after graduating, in a variety of potential capacities.
- Registered as a full-time undergraduate student at NYU (no visiting students).
- Junior or senior standing (as of the term to be spent in Los Angeles). Second-semester sophomores with outstanding qualifications may be considered.
- Suggested GPA of 3.0 or higher.
- Resume review with a career coach from the Wasserman Center or the career center at NYU Abu Dhabi or NYU Shanghai.
- Any grades of Incomplete must be resolved before an admissions decision can be made.
- Students currently on leave of absence, academic probation, or disciplinary probation are generally ineligible; exceptions may be made on a case-by-case basis.
- Note: International students from any home campus (i.e., New York, Abu Dhabi, or Shanghai) are eligible to study away in Los Angeles as of Spring 2020. Read more about options to fulfill the professional development component of the program.
Submit an Application
Current NYU students from any undergraduate college/school may submit an application. Log into the application with your NYU net ID and password.
NOTE: If prompted for a temporary pin you have accessed an incorrect link.
- Click "Start New Application"
- Select application type "19-20 Academic Year"
- Select appropriate term
A complete application will require:
- 1st, 2nd, and 3rd (optional) locations
- Course preferences
- Personal statement (details follow)
- Unofficial transcript
- Short answer responses to a series of questions (details follow)
- Preference of organization type for professional development experience
- Professional resume
In 250 - 500 words, we would like to know more about your interest in study away. We are particularly interested in knowing what motivated you to apply and more specifically, why you have applied or expressed interest in these particular locations and this term. How do you expect this study away program and the coursework you will take will impact your academic and future professional goals? Please provide insight into all locations you’ve ranked.
Short Answer Responses
In 200 words or less, tell us what knowledge and/or skills you most want to develop while studying away in Los Angeles. How will you use these to advance your professional goals?
What experiences, whether academic, artistic, professional, or personal, have best prepared you to excel in an industry internship in Los Angeles?
Before you can be admitted to the Los Angeles program, you must have your resume reviewed by a career coach at the Wasserman Center or the career center at NYU Abu Dhabi or NYU Shanghai. Please follow the instructions on the Los Angeles Resume Review Form.
Admission Interview Requirement
Finalists will be invited to schedule an interview in advance of final admission decisions. You will be contacted to arrange an appointment time if you are chosen for the interview round. The interviewer will be considering your ability to thrive in the NYU program in Los Angeles. Some areas that will be discussed with you include:
- Your career aspirations in the entertainment and media industries
- Your knowledge and experience with respect to film, TV, music, media, and/or other creative industries
- Your maturity, commitment, and ability to represent NYU well in an internship/experiential learning placement
- How participating in the Los Angeles program will advance your professional and/or artistic goals