Student Health Centre - London Health & Wellness
- At NYU London, we consider student wellbeing an essential part of the overall study abroad experience. We have arranged several avenues through which students may access support. To meet the diverse mental health and wellness needs of our students, NYU London has one onsite psychologist, Dr. Aylish O'Driscoll, based in Office 307 on the third floor of the Academic Centre at 6 Bedford Square - Dr. O'Driscoll is here to support students during their time abroad and to assist them in connecting locally to additional mental health resources, if needed.
- Dr. O'Driscoll is available on Mondays from 10:00 AM to 6:00 PM and on Thursdays from 9:30 AM to 5:30 PM.
- Counseling sessions are available on an appointment or walk-in basis. To make an appointment, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Students can be seen for walk-in appointments (20-30 minutes; first come, first serve) on Mondays at 12:00 PM and on Thursdays at 4:30 PM.
- In the event that a prescription is not available in the UK, students should receive enough medication to last until their return. (Note: for some conditions and some medications, this is not possible).
- If the student's prescription is available in the UK, Dr. O'Driscoll or the Wellness Exchange can provide the student with referrals to local psychiatrists who accept the student's insurance and who can follow the student (in collaboration with their home provider and the onsite counselor) and write prescription refills. Please note that prescriptions from foreign doctors cannot be filled in the UK.
- NYU London has a relationship with the London Claremont Clinic, a private health service that works alongside NYU London and GeoBlue to provide medical as well as psychological consultation.
- NYU London students’ health insurance through GeoBlue also gives access to a large network of professionals, addressing both medical and psychological concerns.
In a crisis, students can access the NYU London Exchange 24 hours a day on 0800 316 0469, where they can be connected with an NYU London staff member. Students can also use this same freephone number any time, free of charge, to access the NYU Wellness Exchange in New York, or send an email to: email@example.com
For more information, please email firstname.lastname@example.org, or get in touch with a member of our Student Life team at email@example.com.