What is it?
Egencia (an Expedia company) is an NYU preferred travel agency that automatically registers travel plans and updates travel changes with NYU Traveler. You can book your entire trip online or speak with one of Egencia's Travel Specialists who can help you plan your trip.
Egencia offers a number of tools and features to help manage your own travel needs, as well as your department's.
- Click here for Insider Travel Tips for Egencia Travelers.
- Need to arrange travel for another person at NYU? You can request to become a travel arranger by clicking "My travelers" under the Travel Arranging section of your personal profile.
- Need to arrange travel for a guest of the university i.e. someone who does not have their own NYU netID? Contact the Global Travel Team to inquire on how to gain access to an Egencia Guest Account. (Note: guest accounts and guest bookings may only be used for NYU related business travel)
- Would you like to set up a traveler group for your department? The traveler group feature on Egencia is the perfect way to oversee how your employees or students are booking their trips. Some features and functions of a traveler group include:
- The TripController itinerary work flow system, which allows you to set up a mandatory trip approval process for all members of the traveler group.
- Do you not allow business class to be booked on flights that are eight hours or less? Do you require travel bookings to be done at least 10 days in advance of the trip? With the travel policy administration tool, you can build your department's unique travel policies directly into the booking process.
- You can upload a central billing card with a unique nickname, so you do not need to give out your departmental credit card information to anyone else. The card will be available for your travelers to choose from a drop-down menu at the check-out screen.
- You can set up email notification settings to keep track of your group members business travel activity.
Please contact the Global Travel Team at NYUGlobalTravelTeam@nyu.edu to request assistance with setting up a traveler group.
Use Egencia to book your air, hotel, rail (Amtrak) and rental car arrangements. Egencia offers you preferred rates with major airline, hotel, and car rental partners, a Flight Price Guarantee, and other helpful travel tools and information.
Please note, complex international reservations should be booked via phone. Complex international is defined by Egencia as a reservation with more than four segments, or travel to Asia and the Middle East.
There is no fee for booking your travel online.
Book By Phone
Egencia Travel Consultants are available to assist you 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. To make a reservation over the phone, call +1-877-613-4284. Press prompt 2 for domestic travel or prompt 3 for international travel. Please note, a fee applies for agent assisted reservations.
Please note, you may make a reservation for a non NYU Net ID holder, however, these reservations may only be made via a phone agent, and must be made by an NYU Net ID holder.
You will be charged a fee for booking travel over the phone. For example, an agent-assisted air booking will incur a $26 fee.