During Zero Waste Week, November 9-16, 2017, we will be exhibiting works of art that explore the issues of waste.
In New York City, we take for granted our ability to dispose of and disassociate from the waste we create. When we toss our unwanted or soiled items, we do not often stop to consider where they will go and their potential impact on human health and the planet. Raise awareness of waste through this visual arts exhibit. Your piece can be a visual commentary on waste and/or use recycled materials.
- Open to all current NYU students, faculty, or staff from any school or department:
- Submitted work should be ORIGINAL and in any medium (oils, acrylics, watercolors, pastels, drawings, prints, mixed media, photography, film, installation, and sculpture). All works must be suitably framed (or sides cleanly finished or painted), wired and ready for hanging. D-rings should be used for heavy works. 2D works on paper must be framed under plexi glass or glass; and
- Sculptors must provide floor stand. Wall hung sculpture: maximum weight 30 lbs. Must have securely attached wire or other fixture(s) to hang. No work can be hung from ceiling or pipes.
- One submission can include up to 2 artworks, with a maximum of 2 images each.
- Include: artist name, NYU school/department, graduate year, image description, and phone number.
- Please submit to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line: Zero Waste Week Exhibit Submission
Submissions will be reviewed by a panel and judged on the interpretation of the theme and the creativity in materials used. Select pieces will be awarded Campus Cash from the Office of Sustainability:
First prize: $100
Second prize: $50
Deadline for Submissions: November 1, 2017
Notification of Acceptance into Exhibition: November 3, 2017
Accepted Work Must be delivered to Kimmel Galleries by: November 6, 2017
The exhibit's opening reception will be on Monday, November 13 from 5-7pm in the Kimmel Center Commuter Lounge, 2nd Fl. Refreshments will be served.
The Zero Waste Week Exhibit will be on display in the Kimmel Center Commuter Lounge (2nd Floor) from November 9-16. Please direct any questions to email@example.com